Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Guns @ Work Primrose shut down by Council ?

I must say, I had lots of fun and enjoyed myself at last months steel challenge, held at Guns at Work. Those guys moved a lot of soil and put a lot of effort into building that ranges. Why is there suddenly a lot of politics? I hope they get this sorted, because at the rate shooting ranges disappear, soon there will be none.

User

Ja jong, die politiki

It would seem that the noise issue for some residents has been going on since the range opened in early 2019. Previous posts have pointed out that Guns @ Work is not a temporary continuation of the Knights Range, but rather a new venture. Knights' postings indicated that they were closing for a few months to revamp and improve the range. That was back in early 2019. Any update on this ? Or is it just now not going to happen?

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Jan Paxton to find out what is happening at Knights ?

User

Hows this for 3rd time lucky, after some lockdown I booked a course with Adrian Rosslee, he had to Cancel due to health, then I booked a level 2 course with T, he had to cancel due to lack of attendance, then I go book a 2 day course with Arno Barlow at Guns at Work end of the month, so maybe the universe wants be to stay kak at self defense, who knows....

Still waiting for Arno to postpone or make a plan though, holding thumbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post

It would seem that the noise issue for some residents has been going on since the range opened in early 2019. Previous posts have pointed out that Guns @ Work is not a temporary continuation of the Knights Range, but rather a new venture. Knights' postings indicated that they were closing for a few months to revamp and improve the range. That was back in early 2019. Any update on this ? Or is it just now not going to happen?
    20201012_113737.jpg
    This is the current state of the old Knights Range. Looks like nothing is going to happen regarding the reopening in the near future.

If the mine dump at Knights is gone, it means the sand was reclaimed for re-processing.

There is a lot of gold in the old mine dump sand, the ones along the M2 in JHB had a higher gold content that the ore coming out of some of the mines. The extraction process at the time was not as efficient as today, making it economically feasible to re-process the sand.

Most likely it's now the turn of the mine dump at guns@work.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    If the mine dump at Knights is gone, it means the sand was reclaimed for re-processing.

There is a lot of gold in the old mine dump sand, the ones along the M2 in JHB had a higher gold content that the ore coming out of some of the mines. The extraction process at the time was not as efficient as today, making it economically feasible to re-process the sand.

Most likely it's now the turn of the mine dump at guns@work.
    Just got a WhatsApp from Guns@Work saying that they are reopening next Monday at 0800.

User

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    Just got a WhatsApp from Guns@Work saying that they are reopening next Monday at 0800.
    Got the same info

Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    Got the same info
    Guns@Work is now fully open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2