User

Default Article: "Best 9mm Pistols [2020] with Complete Buyer’s Guide"

https://gununiversity.com/best-9mm-p...1j36PPki49tG2k

9mm pistols are the most popular handguns available for good reason: they have a relatively high capacity (they can hold a lot of bullets), 9mm ammunition is inexpensive and plentiful, they have less recoil than most other calibers, and, with modern defensive ammunition, they can be very effective for self-defense.
    So, if you are shopping for a handgun, it’s likely going to be a 9mm pistol.
    However, the popularity of 9mm means that 9mm handguns are everywhere – they dominate the handgun market. That can create a lot of static, a lot of questions, and a little confusion.
    So, to help you with your decision, we’ve listed the best 9mm pistols on the market and but give you the know-how to choose your own.

Types of 9mm Pistols

There are three main types of 9mm pistols that you should know about. Sure, there are more categories of 9mm handguns, however, if you’re just starting out, these are the three categories you are likely considering.
    Concealed Carry Pistols: The nature of concealing and carrying a gun for an extended period demands that the weapon often be lightweight and compact. 9mm concealed carry handguns come in various shapes and sizes and can range from pocket-sized single stacks to compact combat pistols.
    Concealed career pistols are a vast category because people come in broad categories. A small frame person would have difficulty carrying an all-metal P229, whereas a 6’5″ gorilla-like me can easily carry and conceal it.
    Conceal is a big part of concealed carry, and if the gun is too large, concealing becomes a challenge for anyone. A concealed carry gun needs to be simple, reliable, and robust.
    Home Defense Handguns: The good news about home defense guns is that you can go as big and bulky as you want without issue. A firearm designed to be used inside the home doesn’t need to be concealed. Bigger and heavier can be good things.
    Recoil is the rearward force created by a cartridge firing, and the effect can be minimized by weight. The heavier a gun is, the better it dissipates recoil, and the more controllable it ultimately is. Bigger is better when it comes to home defense pistols.
    A home defense firearm should be easy to handle by every adult in your home.
    Range Guns : Range guns fall into a few categories, and they can be plinkers for fun, competition guns, or just an extensive collection of fun guns that mostly see life at the range.
    Plinkers can often be affordable, and features like night sights, rails, and metal sights are unnecessary. If you just want a fun range gun, you’ll likely want a full-sized handgun that gives you the most control and the least amount of recoil.
    Full-sized guns rule most competition because of their ease of control. Rarely will you see subcompacts outside of Backup Gun IDPA categories. Most competition guns are tricked out guns with excellent ergonomics, a heavy focus on accuracy, reliability, and controllability. Competition guns are often expensive and outfitted to guarantee peak performance without a focus on practical combat use.
    If you’d like to learn more about which type of 9mm you should buy or things to consider when purchasing a 9mm handgun, then jump down to our 9mm pistol buyers guide.

Editor’s Choice of Best 9mm Pistols:

If you’d like to see our favorite 9mm pistol in each of the categories above (and some extras like ‘best overall’ and ‘best for women’), we’ve listed the best 9mm pistols of each category here to make things fast and easy.
    However, if you’re interested in more details and want to see our 9mm handgun reviews and comparisons, you can scroll down (or click the category of pistol below) and see how each gun ranked with more detail.

ARTICLE IS TOO LONG TO PASTE HERE >>> RATHER CLICK LINK FOR MORE
    https://gununiversity.com/best-9mm-p...1j36PPki49tG2k

User

Default Re: Article: "Best 9mm Pistols [2020] with Complete Buyer’s Guide"

Unfortunatly that is a rather pointless article for people here as it does not consider the the South African context.

For example two guns that it lists as the best for home defense are a Walther and a H&K. Both great guns which are perfect in every way with the exception that there is almost zero support in SA. So getting more mags, or replacing an extractor or firing pin is going to prove close to impossible and probably extremely costly .

Unfortunate reality here in SA is that the only brand that makes sense for a defensive gun is Glock followed very closely by CZ.
    I say this because you can probably go into the any gun shop in the country and walk out with a glock firing pin or magazine with zero to minimal waiting.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I like how experienced people still call them bullets

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Unfortunate reality here in SA is that the only brand that makes sense for a defensive gun is Glock followed very closely by CZ.
    I say this because you can probably go into the any gun shop in the country and walk out with a glock firing pin or magazine with zero to minimal waiting.
    Availability of parts don't make Glock or CZ good brands for self defence, being hardy and reliable makes them good for that purpose. It doesn't matter if your SD gun is a unicorn than needs parts custom made / imported, or if its so common you can find parts in any gun store, you should be maintaining a stock of replacement parts well in advance of needing them.

User

My opinion for SA practical use:

I would have to agree with Glock and CZ, with an emphasis on Glock.
    Glocks are notoriously reliable, if maintained correctly should give you 10's of thousands of rounds in practice and competition, plus spares are everywhere.

CZ's need a bit more TLC, but if you take care of them and keep up with maintenance intervals, there isn't much difference between it and a Glock.

If you put high mileage on your pistols, I would definitely not stray from one of those two. Doesn't matter what brand you get, if you put enough rounds through them, parts will break.

If you put 50 rounds a year through your pistol, I don't think it matters what you get, as long as it is from a reputable manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I like how "experienced" people still call them bullets
    The question is what is the writer's level of "experience" and actual knowledge.

Aside from the fact that he got ammunition our rounds wrong by using the word bullets there is a lot of other BS.

The SIG P320 scores an "A" for accuracy but the Glock 34 only gets a "B". What criteria and testing protocols were used?
    And "micro compacts" (Single stack G43 and SIG 365) are now better EDC guns than a Compact pistol that holds twice the amount of ammo? One has to first know why you carry a gun. If it is an emotional crutch or some magic talisman that makes you "feel safe" then sure carry a micro compact 8 shot 9mm that is too small to use properly under stress and that stops working after 8 - 9 shots.

If however you carry a gun to keep you alive during a worst case scenario incident something like a 15 - 16 shot 9mm makes more sense. Cops all over the world do it with great results. No cop or serious concealed carry practitioner has ever traded their duty /EDC gun for something smaller after surviving a shooting. Quite the contrary, most of them start carrying something bigger in the same caliber or something bigger in a bigger caliber. These are the people I would take advice from regarding "EDC" guns; Not some douchenozzle writing vague articles that read like a gun shop catalog.

User

Default Article: "Best 9mm Pistols [2020] with Complete Buyer’s Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    The question is what is the writer's level of "experience" and actual knowledge.

Aside from the fact that he got ammunition our rounds wrong by using the word bullets there is a lot of other BS.

The SIG P320 scores an "A" for accuracy but the Glock 34 only gets a "B". What criteria and testing protocols were used?
    And "micro compacts" (Single stack G43 and SIG 365) are now better EDC guns than a Compact pistol that holds twice the amount of ammo? One has to first know why you carry a gun. If it is an emotional crutch or some magic talisman that makes you "feel safe" then sure carry a micro compact 8 shot 9mm that is too small to use properly under stress and that stops working after 8 - 9 shots.

If however you carry a gun to keep you alive during a worst case scenario incident something like a 15 - 16 shot 9mm makes more sense. Cops all over the world do it with great results. No cop or serious concealed carry practitioner has ever traded their duty /EDC gun for something smaller after surviving a shooting. Quite the contrary, most of them start carrying something bigger in the same caliber or something bigger in a bigger caliber. These are the people I would take advice from regarding "EDC" guns; Not some douchenozzle writing vague articles that read like a gun shop catalog.
    My unpopular opinion, from personal experience:
    Sub compacts are not practical for the SA market. Very often the guys here rock up with Ak's, R5's and Uzzi's. Mostly ex-soviet rifles that made their way down south, or stolen SAPS and SANDF equipment.
    So the guys trying to rob or kill you, are armed with military grade assault rifles and sub-machine guns.
    They usually run in packs of 3-5.
    If you pull your 6 round Glock chambered in 40 S&W, and the guys come around the corner with AK's, you my friend are going to have the worst day of your life. 6 rounds, 5 guys... how good are you under stress with 7.62 rounds cracking around you?
    In SA you should arm yourself accordingly.
    In the army were issued with a full sized pistols as back up weapons, not for combat. For fighting we were issued with rifles, SAW's, M203's, M2's... a pistol is the last resort.

If you do not carry a full size or compact in SA with 2 spare mags, you are running a massive risk of being caught with your pants around your ankles. Carry your weapon but ask yourself are you prepared for a fight with 4 guys ripping AK's?

In short, hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk