Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I ENJOYED LOCK DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Over the past two weeks or so (maybe a bit more) I see more and more people (news articles, NICD on twitter etc) talking about evidence that there is a second wave starting in South Africa. I don't know what stats they are looking at, but none of the stats that I have seen suggests anything of the sort. There were a marginal increase in the Western Cape, and a bit of an increase in the Eastern Cape on average over the last few of weeks, but that is as far as it goes.

What I do see is a bit of increase in testing during October. It seems to me that the powers that be are trying to manufacture an increase in rona cases to try and justify another round of looting, I mean lockdown.
    I do not believe we have stats, no statistics, just figures and public releases that suite which ever agenda is being pushed.
    I read somewhere the E/Cape case have doubled in last month, but no numbers mentioned. One became two or 20 became 40, who knows.

User

This I think is a pretty good site, but as you say treeman, how much that reflect reality is up for debate: https://mediahack.co.za/datastories/...rus/dashboard/

@tomtom, a logical, competent government would not try and do another lockdown, but that is not the ANC.

Who would have thought in Feb that the government would ban booze, smokes (just for the sin tax on that alone, I never would have guessed they would ban those sales), rotisserie chicken, open toed shoes, feeding children etc etc.

User

This I think is a pretty good site, but as you say treeman, how much that reflect reality is up for debate: https://mediahack.co.za/datastories/...rus/dashboard/

@tomtom, a logical, competent government would not try and do another lockdown, but that is not the ANC.

Who would have thought in Feb that the government would ban booze, smokes (just for the sin tax on that alone, I never would have guessed they would ban those sales), rotisserie chicken, open toed shoes, feeding children etc etc.
    Unfortunately, I can't argue with that. At least they have a good sense of humour! Ban jeans and coffee this time then make balaclavas and scarves mandatory. That'll get a good laugh out of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

The link you gave is very interesting, accuracy is a not known though.
    The most interesting to me is the part labeled: Average daily tests per week - Average daily positives per week - Average tests per positive case per week.
    The positives cases rise in direct relation to the test numbers, if they want a high number to report to public, just push more tests through.
    Why else would they test so many more some days than other days?

User

What grates my nuts the most about this Disaster Act bullshit is that the main bitch in charge is Jacob Zumas ex wife, I mean if she was able to decide to marry Jacob Zuma then I feel that she should not be allowed to even decide what colour kopdoek she gets to wear, she should literally be court ordered to never ever make another decision regarding ANYTHING ever again... Thats what I feel.

User

As of tonight we are in another hard lockdown in France. Cases are around 50k per day. You can go to work and back home - do essential shopping and go to the doctor. 1 hour exercise per day with papers to prove it. Schools and creches stay open. All bars and restaurants closed for at least one month.

All non essential shops are closed. Work from home if you can.

All hunting has been stopped... So the 600 euros that I paid is pretty much screwed. Even hunting alone is verboten. FFS. THey mak rules for the guys in Paris but we don't have the same living conditions so yeah - Whoopee.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    As of tonight we are in another hard lockdown in France. Cases are around 50k per day. You can go to work and back home - do essential shopping and go to the doctor. 1 hour exercise per day with papers to prove it. Schools and creches stay open. All bars and restaurants closed for at least one month.

All non essential shops are closed. Work from home if you can.

All hunting has been stopped... So the 600 euros that I paid is pretty much screwed. Even hunting alone is verboten. FFS. THey mak rules for the guys in Paris but we don't have the same living conditions so yeah - Whoopee.
    600 euros?? FFS I just shat my pants on your behalf!!

Jokes aside, its pretty cold in Europe now hey? People do tend to get sick easier in colder conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Hi Steven

It not that cold yet - the real cold sets in around Febuary month. I'm in Jeans and plakkies when I go to the shops and pick up the kids from school. Day time temp is around 20 degrees and night time goes down to between 2 and 10 degrees. I think people get sicker easier because they spend more time indoors with other people. Same as all over the world - flu goes up when temps drop.

The problem that we have is that the start of the Covid story we had relatively few cases down in the South. Then came the summer holidays and everybody and his bloody dog came down to the South and we are now sitting with a 20% infection rate in our department. People started ignoring the advice they were given and now we are where we are.

I've been on 5 driven hunts - only saw a fox that I missed. So works out to 120 euros per day hunting... Add to that the €10 that you pay for every hunt for the dogs etc it becomes bloody expensive ;) Brought home around 2 kg of boar meat - screw Kobe and Wagyu - That is the most expensive meat that there is.

Banned

The more I watch the African National Circus in talks and announcements, the more convinced I am that they are going to call a lock down over Xmas. They will call it and blame it on the peoples behavior.

We will hear our masters say to the serfs, " its your own fault, you didn't want to listen".
    Naughty Naughty children.

Blame shifting as always....................................

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    The more I watch the African National Circus in talks and announcements, the more convinced I am that they are going to call a lock down over Xmas. They will call it and blame it on the peoples behavior.
    I attended a presentation yesterday by Prof Karim. He wasn't concerned about the current status or rumblings of a second wave currently. The main thing that he said that worries him at the moment is December. Intergenerational gatherings, covid fatigue and people forgetting/ignoring the basics.

So.... You might be right.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast