Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I ENJOYED LOCK DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    I did not lock down.......
    Wheres the "LIKE" button?

User

Finding something good from a manufactured shit show is exactly what government wants from us now.
    It means their social brainwashing experiment worked.
    It didn't work on me, the IFR(infection fatality rate) sits at around 0.05% for people under the age of 70.

I did not lock down, I worked every day but since the company took a knock I took a serious knock, it's not funny at all.

But, as you guys know I am a seriously devoted anc lacky, I follow their rules to the bone.
    All my hunting, camping, and fishing was done at home, the good anc lapdog I am, I just pasted the photos onto better scenery to make it look like I was somewhere else, honest, true story.

User

It fucked us up financially and it will take years for us to recover to where we were.

We did our best to carry on as normal, but one business was closed down and we are having a real struggle to get it going properly again.

I guess that puts us in the 'we did not enjoy' group, and there is nothing good about it in my life or opinion.

User

Finding something good from a manufactured shit show is exactly what government wants from us now.
    It means their social brainwashing experiment worked.
    It didn't work on me, the IFR(infection fatality rate) sits at around 0.05% for people under the age of 70.

I did not lock down, I worked every day but since the company took a knock I took a serious knock, it's not funny at all.

But, as you guys know I am a seriously devoted anc lacky, I follow their rules to the bone.
    All my hunting, camping, and fishing was done at home, the good anc lapdog I am, I just pasted the photos onto better scenery to make it look like I was somewhere else, honest, true story.
    One can have 2 things true at the same time.

1. Yes covid fucked my retirement planning.
    2. Yes I did enjoy the close time with my kids and family.

Maybe I can rather try and reflect on the positives. Make plans for the future to lessen the risk.

This my second one in terms of big economic shitstorms, and I suspect for many others as well. After 2009 things were fucked for long. But still, life goes on.

Yet it sounds you had a great time. Less money yet got to do a lot of things I can merely wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    This post was for and about those that did not lose everything, some lost a lot some made fortunes.
    As the heading states, "I - me" I enjoyed lock down. I might add that that took some effort, it was not a holiday, but it was really a self finding time - the longest time I have ever had to myself since school days.

After I realized it is what it is and it was not a war I could win, I went about making the best of it and it was good.
    Loved the clandestine braais and get togethers.
    I did not lock down.......
    I was forced to lock down due to our clients shutting down/going into care and maintenance. But gladly our company did not have to retrench personel but everbody had to slice it thin. But now the big BUT is how the anc and its allies is currently still ^#£kking up the steel industry right at this moment. According to me, clearly it appears that very little is being produced but a lot is being imported. I really don't think the iron ore exports out of SA skipped a beat during the whole lockdown, I think it rather increased if you saw how regular the Sishen ore train came to deliver ore to the Saldanha ore terminal (I stand corrected but the terminal and rail line is chinese controlled/owned). And that is how it goes né.

User

It was my understanding that AMSA saldanha was shutting down. Are they still operational?

Banned

I have left the post unexplained long enough now.
    I posted because I wondered who else was able to get something good out of it all, like the shit we went through playing soldier for the government.

I was forced to do national service for some politicians ideals.
    I hated being forced to do anything.
    I hated having to agree , believe and carry out enforcement of another mans ideals.
    I enjoyed my army moments and memories anyway in spite of that, F**** them.

I hated being told where, when and how I could do things during Covid.
    I hated having some foot soldier cross question me about my movements.
    I hated having to be a good boy, do as dip shit brains tells you.
    I enjoyed my lock down, it took work and it took stubbornness, but in the end I took their shit and used it for my own good. I loved the time with my boy - even now with short school days, I realize how much precious time I was given with him. I slept and did things I was going to do. I charged my batteries and I will use that charge to be better at "what ever" than I was before lock down.

As Grobbies said:
    1. Yes covid fucked my retirement planning.

2. Yes I did enjoy the close time with my kids and family.

Maybe I can rather try and reflect on the positives. Make plans for the future to lessen the risk.

This my second one in terms of big economic shitstorms, and I suspect for many others as well. After 2009 things were fucked for long. But still, life goes on.

Yet it sounds you had a great time. Less money yet got to do a lot of things I can merely wish for.
    Less money yet got to do a lot of things I could merely wish for before this thing.

I had no choice with lock down, I did how ever have a choice about how I reacted to it, I chose to be happy or at least not unhappy.
    I have been cautioned many times that this is a public forum and being "gung ho" is not good for forum, so lets just say, I still braaied, hunted and fished - just with a bit more excitement added.

Money, well I came out Ok!, I managed to keep the material assets and was able to carry on with business as per normal at first loop hole I found. I lost about R180 000 financially and had about 55/60 thou in unpaid bills on my desk 3 weeks ago, I am working through that amount, its not lekker, but you know what?
    Seriously!!!!!
    Tomorrow is Friday my boy is happy, we have plans, I am not under debt review, summer is here, I will be happy.
    Those that got hurt more than me?, yea where and if I can I will support and help - say a prayer, but the above is my story.
    In my story I survived and salvaged somethings good.

F****** those who caused this, may they get what I wish for them.

User

We are happy for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    We are happy for you.
    ------ I chose again

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

Looking back I realize I enjoyed lock down, yes there were things at the time that killed me and I hated it in most ways, but its simplicity was beautiful and self finding medicine.
    I really think many folk had a once in history chance to reset/reboot their lives, attitudes and habits. I have never had so much time to think reason and decide. I had simplicity, the removal of choices was almost a blessing.
    Looking back - I dunno, was not all bad.
    ...............................perhaps thats just me though and my F***** them they wont get me down attitude.

Sounds like you're describing the military to a tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast