Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I ENJOYED LOCK DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Sounds like you're describing the military to a tee.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are actually quiet correct in regard to choices and simplicity.
    I think many problems we have in this time are from the abundance of choice we have, hell! you can even choose what sex you " want" to be.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    You are actually quiet correct in regard to choices and simplicity.
    I think many problems we have in this time are from the abundance of choice we have, hell! you can even choose what sex you " want" to be.
    On the money. The thing I miss the most concerning my service, is the absolute simplistic life you lead. Today we are doing CQB, next week it's a qualifying course, in 6 months you are being deployed.
    All decisions are made for you. 4 meals a day, room and board, decent money, you work with your best mates and you do things that civilians will never understand. I miss it.

User

This post was for and about those that did not lose everything, some lost a lot some made fortunes.
    As the heading states, "I - me" I enjoyed lock down. I might add that that took some effort, it was not a holiday, but it was really a self finding time - the longest time I have ever had to myself since school days.

After I realized it is what it is and it was not a war I could win, I went about making the best of it and it was good.
    Loved the clandestine braais and get togethers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneC View Post
    It was my understanding that AMSA saldanha was shutting down. Are they still operational?
    The day before the lockdown started the plant was put into "care and maintenance", that means they shut the plant down safely and in such a way that it would be easy to start up again when the market turns. There are a couple of personnel doing basic upkeep the rest were given severance packages.The covid bs and anc/china bedfellows doesn't help either but there is alway a slimmer of hope for the plant to be opened again. What irks me is that before 1994 it was always , Koop Suid Afrikaans but today it should read "support our chinese comrades".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    The day before the lockdown started the plant was put into "care and maintenance", that means they shut the plant down safely and in such a way that it would be easy to start up again when the market turns. There are a couple of personnel doing basic upkeep the rest were given severance packages.The covid bs and anc/china bedfellows doesn't help either but there is alway a slimmer of hope for the plant to be opened again. What irks me is that before 1994 it was always , Koop Suid Afrikaans but today it should read "support our chinese comrades".
    At this point in time we are finding such fresh hell in sourcing any material thicker than 20mm plate, and basic sections such as req tubing which we could buy down the street in February does not exist anymore..... Hier is nie f@^Ken staal nie!

Happy to use Chinese material if we can find

User

Ja. I heard some weird stories. 6mm steel plate made in SA is 6mm thick. Imported 6mm plate from the far east come in at about 5mm to 5.6mm. And it has become the norm for years already

User

This post was for and about those that did not lose everything, some lost a lot some made fortunes.
    As the heading states, "I - me" I enjoyed lock down. I might add that that took some effort, it was not a holiday, but it was really a self finding time - the longest time I have ever had to myself since school days.

After I realized it is what it is and it was not a war I could win, I went about making the best of it and it was good.
    Loved the clandestine braais and get togethers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    At this point in time we are finding such fresh hell in sourcing any material thicker than 20mm plate, and basic sections such as req tubing which we could buy down the street in February does not exist anymore..... Hier is nie f@^Ken staal nie!

Happy to use Chinese material if we can find
    What is weird is that some people claim that their order books are empty? I can't understand it or am
    missing something in the big picture? A couple of weeks ago I couldn't get any 1" to ˝" reducing bushes. AiAiAi

Banned

Level 5 of lockdown was great, simply because I had much more time with my family. And we did a few repares etc which one does not usually get to do. My phone bill went up considerably,and my fuel bill went down, simply because I worked from home.

From Level 4 onward it was basically back to work.

The one good thing of lockdown is that the government is doing the public a favour: more folks are starting to realise that this system does not think of itself as a servant. It also does not intend proper freedom and liberty.

Banned

Lots of rumors and messages going around in regard to a lock down again. I wonder what these retards are planning now?
    Without the planning of course.

User

Lots of rumors and messages going around in regard to a lock down again. I wonder what these retards are planning now?
    Without the planning of course.
    Please could you inform a layman as to what rumours are making the rounds?

User

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Please could you inform a layman as to what rumours are making the rounds?

Hags on whatsapp, fear mongering in order to try and seem relevant.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast