Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Telkom Rubbish

User

Default Re: Telkom Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    We had to cancel ours online about 2 to3 years back. Went over to Fiber with Vodacom and Vumatel. Fibre luckily has less issues then ADSL. So have not had any issues yet
    My Vodacom Fibre was installed by Openserve, which means I'm still bound to Telkom, when the contract runs out, I'll have a relook, not that Vodacom has been much better. The moment there's an issue, the wheels come off.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    We had to cancel ours online about 2 to3 years back. Went over to Fiber with Vodacom and Vumatel. Fibre luckily has less issues then ADSL. So have not had any issues yet
    Also they are doing away with copper lines, so they call us offering fibre

Try explain to the brain dead caller that I have fibre with openserve and need to cancel the ADSL

" yes sir but we are doing away with copper lines."

Yusssis the blood pressure rises

Then they still send the kid salesmen door to door to offer us fibre

User

So who gets the copper?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    So who gets the copper?
    From what I understand, Telkom will not remove the copper cables, in the short term anyway. When you convert to fibre or their wireless option, they don't remove the copper line.

Telkom fought local loop unbundling for so long, that now nobody wants it anymore!

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Banned

Sperm Count sucks...I've paid my land line account twice trying to cancel it and they still want to hand me over 8 months later...

I cancelled my Telkom land line with the online system and 2 months later it was done with a credit paid out to me. You have to phone them and supply your banking details to get this refund though.

I went over to Frogfoot fibre.

Telkom phoned me a while later to offer me an ADSL package. I asked the lady why they would offer ADSL since they have just announced the killing off of copper. She could not answer me. I told her that it is probably to get a foot in the door and then make me convert to their fibre in 2 months time.....Sharks!

Banned

hated second only to the ANC --------------------------------------
    TELKOM

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    There's a reason we call them "Hellkom". Want as jy met hulle praat wens jy die hel kom.
    Useless buggers. I've always called them 'spermcount'.

Banned

My business is so linked to my email address, how would I get around that aspect, I would love to dump Telkom but really do not wish to loose my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    My business is so linked to my email address, how would I get around that aspect, I would love to dump Telkom but really do not wish to loose my email address.
    When I was still staying on the farm I gave up my Telkom landline for a number of reasons. At that time my e-mail address with Telkom was ....@ telkomsa I could not continue with this address and changed to gmail so that a change in service provider would not create similar problems. The change caused me to do a lot of admin work informing people, business, etc of the new address. With the new technology perhaps there is some way you could have any queries to the Telkom address diverted to your new address

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast