User

Default DFO says you cant licence a big bore air rifle, CFR rejecting applications

Hi Guys, I am interested getting a 7.62 cal big bore air rifle as I already have several of the standard calibers. I chatted with my DFO about 6 months ago and was told that big bore air rifles can't be licensed as CFR rejects the applications. He showed me several rejected applications which were rejected with the following reasons stated on the application "air rifles cant be licensed as are not firearms". Can anyone confirm if they have managed to licence a big bore successfully in the last 12 months and if so how as it seems even though the Act makes provision for licencing of big bore air rifles, CFR does not allow them to be licensed?

User

Default Re: DFO says you cant licence a big bore air rifle, CFR rejecting applications

I've never heard of anyone successfully licensing one, and know a few who have tried.

Banned

Default Re: DFO says you cant licence a big bore air rifle, CFR rejecting applications

I have a friend who has a 303 cal air rifle and it's licensed

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I have a friend who has a 303 cal air rifle and it's licensed
    From what I've heard, the problem lies with the system that doesn't make any provision for air rifle caliber codes (this is just second hand info though).

Would like know for interest whether the 303 that was licensed was licensed as 303 british(centre fire rifle caliber) or actual air rifle caliber.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

User

The calibre codes were loaded around 3 years ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    From what I've heard, the problem lies with the system that doesn't make any provision for air rifle caliber codes (this is just second hand info though).

Would like know for interest whether the 303 that was licensed was licensed as 303 british(centre fire rifle caliber) or actual air rifle caliber.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    I'll see if I can get a Pic of his license card

"can't be licensed as are not firearms" Do they even know what is in the FAC Section 5 ?!

Peter

User

I'm going to guess that the conversation goes something like this

"I have an air rifle of larger caliber that I would like to license, officer.

Is it currently licensed, sir?

No.

Then the system does not allow for it to be captured."

Which means that any larger caliber air rifles that were imported through loop holes, without applying for permanent import permits through the CFR, cannot now be added to the system.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk