Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default License Application stuck at DFO?

Hi all fellow gun owners

My license application has been with the Somerset West DFO for 7 weeks now.
    Furthermore, the application was captured onto the system only 1 week ago - it was 'sitting on the pile' for 6 weeks prior.
    I had to contact the station commander to investigate why the application hadn't been captured - he got it captured the very next day.
    I like getting things done - So what would you suggest I do next? Should I call the station commander again?
    See the image below:
    App fo t.jpg

Thanks in advance for your time and advice

Default Re: License Application stuck at DFO?

It's just luck whether you get a good DFO or not depending on where you live. I happen to have a good one.

User

There is a truck that transports the apps up to Pretoria once per month, so that delay is not reasonable at all. Hopefully somebody who has dealt with that DFO can offer some advice.

User

Highly frustrating because those friends who applied at the same police station just before I did had much better luck, and no problems

User

Somerset West DFO is a basic shit storm in regards to applications.

I have had applications that I have handed in on a Monday go through to provincial on the Friday.

My brother who had handed in a application two days later had to wait a month and and a half for his application to be captured.

Recently the CFR system changed which allows dealers to dealer stock firearms online/via email, before that the dealers had to hand in the SAPS534 at the DFO. A mistake on the DFO part led to one of my applications being delayed nearly 7 months since the firearm was transferred to a unknown dealer.

Even before covid they worked on an appointment system with a 3-5 week waiting period. Recently, a further competency that was handed in June only recently was sent to provincial and 2 applications that was made in August hasn't been captured yet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

I'm not putting down names, but I've noticed that everyone at the firearms department has left for home by 1pm? Yet they tell you that there is a "huge back log"? With regards to my competency, they lost the statement of results and sent an incomplete application to CFR, only to be refused and further appealed - wasting months of my time?

Kry hulle nie skaam nie? Or do they simply not give a f**k?
    How do they get away with having the apps sit with them for months before making it to provincial?

I just hope my app leaves that police station as soon as possible - then things can progress normally from there.
    Colonel LJ Fleishmann was very helpful though.
    Is it possible for me to submit my second application with a different police station (like Grabouw) or is that not allowed?

User

Hold on, this sound very familiar, missing pages seems to be in the order of the day.

I am familiar with Col Fleischmann

Like I said, I am from Somerset West so you are more than welcome to send me a pm

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

You are echoing my experience. Further competency at the start of the year took more than a mo ths to get logged on the system. New rifle in June took 2 months to get captured, and a further 2 months to get sent to Provincial. They used to be really on the ball (my last apps before now was in 2014...) I'm shocked at how slow things are going.

User

My friend is having similar frustrations with the Fishhoek DFO. She dropped off her s13 application on 10 September and he still hasn't captured it. She asked him why and he just brushes her off. Makes me be@#$&!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    My friend is having similar frustrations with the Fishhoek DFO. She dropped off her s13 application on 10 September and he still hasn't captured it. She asked him why and he just brushes her off. Makes me be@#$&!!

Get hold of the station commander or someone else higher up

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast