Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Sounds like a clone of the Richards Bay DFO

Default Re: License Application stuck at DFO?

I've been waiting close to four months since I started.

Here's my timeline.
    20 July handed in at Strand Police station application for second firearm - Occational sport shooting.
    29 July - "receives attention at DFO" sms
    Waiting patiently.
    Getting desperate.

05 Nov Found this handy link today https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php for online query.
    2020/10/22 RECEIVED AT LICENCING SECTION The application was received at CFR and in process. The application was received at CFR and in process.
    So it seems it took almost three months for the papers to get to CFR.

Initially they said it would take four months. (And my first licence was indeed just over four months time)

I'll keep watching this thread and update as soon as I get my card.

User

good luck though to everyone, I say this because I share your frustrations.

License app: 9th Sept 2020
    Further competency: 9th sept 2020

License app: Payment has been received on EFRS for the application. 10/12/2020

Further competency: No record of being captured. no sms either.
    DFO Feedback - We not processing competencies now we busy with amnesty applications.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldoppies View Post
    I've been waiting close to four months since I started.

Here's my timeline.
    20 July handed in at Strand Police station application for second firearm - Occational sport shooting.
    29 July - "receives attention at DFO" sms
    Waiting patiently.
    Getting desperate.

05 Nov Found this handy link today https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php for online query.
    2020/10/22 RECEIVED AT LICENCING SECTION The application was received at CFR and in process. The application was received at CFR and in process.

Initially they said it would take four months. (And my first licence was indeed just over four months time)

I'll keep watching this thread and update as soon as I get my card.
    Now the real wait begins. Been stuck at "Received at Licensing Section" since 18 September

User

So after all this wait decided to go to saps.

License app- still laying there since 9 Sept and I am in JHB
    Further comp - all of a sudden in with province.

User

I think the worst part is over for you - at least your app is now with the CFR. The time wasted between handing in the app at the DFO and arrival at CFR is a killer.

Why can't we have a system where everyone has a 'profile / account' with a national SAPS firearms website? Your account is then linked to your ID and address (home affairs) and all other personal info about you. A registered training provider can then update your proficiency status on the website, instead of a physical certificate. For competency or licensing, you fill out a form on the website which forces you to upload PDF's of your supporting documents (testimonials, proof of activities, motivation). Memberships with clubs, registration / ownership details of a firearm, your dedicated status with NHSA - are all updated on your SAPS website account by the respective club, organization or dealer. Once your online license application is approved - it appears on your account and on the SAPS website (which dealers are allowed to see). And then you're done and can go pick up your gun. This would cut the current waiting time down by 2/3 if not more. There would be no need for physical paperwork.

Why do we have physical license cards?

Okay, I know what the answer is haha (communism, disarm the population etc). But even as inefficient as they are right now: I'm sure the licensing process would be very much improved if they made use of computers and the internet.

It should be argued that all this physical paperwork and social contact with police staff can spread the coronahoax - and therefore the system must be transformed (they love this word) into an online system. Otherwise millions more will die in the 100% legitimate pandemic

User

I handed in 4 apps at the station nearest my house, still with them after 2 months and they say it may take another month for them to finalize and send to provincial, I then handed another app in at the station nearest my work, captured same day and received at cfr 2 weeks later.

User

My application sat at "RECEIVED AT LICENSING SECTION" for 60 days. It took me paying GOSA to start enquiring that got my application moving.
    Some have sat at that spot for over 4 months.

2 days ago my app moved to "IN PREPARATION FOR CONSIDERATION".

Its a long wait, emailing CFR is useless because the mails go unanswered or ignored. Occasionally someone might read it and forward it to someone else but then that someone else ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post
    My application sat at "RECEIVED AT LICENSING SECTION" for 60 days. It took me paying GOSA to start enquiring that got my application moving.
    Some have sat at that spot for over 4 months.

2 days ago my app moved to "IN PREPARATION FOR CONSIDERATION".

Its a long wait, emailing CFR is useless because the mails go unanswered or ignored. Occasionally someone might read it and forward it to someone else but then that someone else ignores it.

I am also willing to throw more money at this if it will help. Can GOSA help speed this process along?

User

I am also willing to throw more money at this if it will help. Can GOSA help speed this process along?
    1 week after GOSA got involved my license was approved. So it did help mine

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast