Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: License Application stuck at DFO?

They also helped me with an application that was stuck and not going anywhere.

Would definitely recommend joining them not just for the CFR inquiries.

So approximately how long does it take for you to receive the first SMS that your application is receiving attention at the DFO?
    Submitted application for Glock 17 (I have competency) on the 18th November (this year :p) and haven't heard anything. The usual DFO that I know wasn't there and he is usually on the ball so dealt with someone else, hope she's not a slacker, or am I just being impatient.

you're only on 12 days........that's super early. Mine was almost a month after i handed it in

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    you're only on 12 days........that's super early. Mine was almost a month after i handed it in
    Son of a bitch I don't remember exact details but my first applications went through pretty quick (days, not weeks) around 2012/2013, so I guess I have to get used to the new normal with all that has happened.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    So approximately how long does it take for you to receive the first SMS that your application is receiving attention at the DFO?
    Submitted application for Glock 17 (I have competency) on the 18th November (this year :p) and haven't heard anything. The usual DFO that I know wasn't there and he is usually on the ball so dealt with someone else, hope she's not a slacker, or am I just being impatient.
    I am waiting on three applications (submitted between Aug and Nov), two of which i have never received and SMS for. I have been tracking them on the website: (https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php) and they are moving (slowly). Use your id number and the serial number to do a search.

I waited now 125 Working days 174 Calendar days and got approved last Wednesday.

I did not even receive SMS of approval. Merely saw it on APP.

I phoned in to confirm and its approved.

So belief SMS goes out when they have DATA

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    I am waiting on three applications (submitted between Aug and Nov), two of which i have never received and SMS for. I have been tracking them on the website: (https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fir...us_enquiry.php) and they are moving (slowly). Use your id number and the serial number to do a search.
    Thanks, yeah haven't used the website but have entered the info into ShadowedR's app and still nothing. Just waiting for that first sms or confirmation, so that I know things are actually moving :)

So never received the SMS from DFO, but the app says my application has been sent to Provincial DFO. SO that was 14 calendar days. I can live with that considering all that is going on. Thanks again for the app Shadow!

User

I submitted my renewal for a S13 licence, my only firearm, and renewal of competency in September 2020. This was more than 90 days before my licence expires. My licence is still stuck at “PAYMENT RECEIVED”. Today I went to my DFO to enquire the status of my application and was advised that they must wait for my competency renewal to be finalised before they can send my licence renewal application to the provincial DFO. At least I received my competency reference and it shows “The application was received at CFR and in process”. I am only on business day 50 odd and was advised it can take up to 120 business days for the competency approval.

Now this is in contradiction to my understanding how relicensing works and my application should’ve been sent already. I must wait well into the first quarter of 2021 to get feedback on my competency before my licence is sent in for renewal? This while my licence expires end of this month. Wont this cause issues in that they will only send my licence renewal application to central after my licence expires?

User

Quote Originally Posted by RVDM View Post
    Wont this cause issues in that they will only send my license renewal application to central after my license expires?
    Nope. Current license stays valid until the renewal is finalized.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast