Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default IPSC Production Gun.

Sooooo the gogga bit me hard!!

Shot my first IPSC match with my G45 this weekend and I did pretty well, literally still shaking for a couple of minutes after most stages due to the adrenaline!!

The G45 is currently my EDC and will become my backup EDC in a few months when CFR graces me with my G48 license.

So I am now on the hunt for my new IPSC Production Gun and I have 3 (only these 3) in mind.

1. Glock 17 Gen5

2. CZ 75 SP01 Shadow

3. CZ Shadow 2

The Shadow 2 is slightly out my price range but I can save up if its really better than the Shadow 1? Or should I just stick to Glock, which I shoot well and a lot of, and get the 17? I can get a new gen5 (with the undercut and without FS) for only R11700

Or should I het the new platform to me, Shadow1 because I cant afford the 2, and then I can just run my G45 when I feel like running a Glock in a match?

Is the shadow 2 really worth the extra 6-7 Grand over the Shadow1?

I dont know how the hell im gonna decide, so id rather ask for advise.

Default Re: IPSC Production Gun.

I am biased towards CZ and have the P10C and the Shadow 2 which I use for IPSC. I like both but the S2 makes a lot of sense for IPSC.

In your case I might stick to Glock and go for the 17. You are used to the platform, so I would stick to it.

I shoot a Glock and love it for my needs, but is a Glock and Shadow even in the same circle of friends.
    Like saying, should a buy a Toyota Corolla, BMW or Mercedes?

User

I love my Glocks, but for IPSC production, you can't go wrong with a CZ Shadow.

If you can buy the CZ Shadow 2, if not then get a CZ Shadow 1.

User

Shadow 2, so many IPSC shooters can be wrong.

currently using my G48 at club shoots every other week but Ill soon transfer my Shadow 2 so that I can start shooting it instead.

IF I were you. Shadow 2. Since current licensing takes pretty long. Or incredibly long. Put down a deposit on one. And over next possibly 6 months apps take. Safe toward it or make payments.

User

Shadow 2, Shadow, Glock 17 - probably in that order. The more people that use a gun the more spares and accessories seem to be available, especially in shooting sports.

Now, if Walther were available AND supported (warranty, spares,mags,accessories) I'd sell a kidney for a Q5 Match.

I love the shadow 2 and would most times say that first. But being a slightly more practical guy I would say G17 Gn 5 then Shadow 2. In case you in DGU then you have a backup that you could carry decently. Alternatively get a Shadow 2 and a G17.

User

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    I love the shadow 2 and would most times say that first. But being a slightly more practical guy I would say G17 Gn 5 then Shadow 2. In case you in DGU then you have a backup that you could carry decently. Alternatively get a Shadow 2 and a G17.
    He already has a G45 and the G48 is on it's way which means he doesn't necessarily need another carry gun if something happens to his primary EDC .

User

Definitely go Shadow 1 or 2, it's the logical choice for production.
    I also wouldn't break the bank to get a shadow 2, despite what people tell themselves, arguably only the top 5% of shooters are held back by a shadow 1.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast