Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: IPSC Production Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    You want him to shoot a 45 in production?
    Glock G45 9mmP, basically a Black 19X, not .45ACP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Definitely go Shadow 1 or 2, it's the logical choice for production.
    I also wouldn't break the bank to get a shadow 2, despite what people tell themselves, arguably only the top 5% of shooters are held back by a shadow 1.
    Noted, thank you

User

You have PM

Pretty much what everyone has said. In that div, has to be a Shadow. Not that a 26/19/17 can't do well, they just require a bit more effort

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I have monthly funds allocated to ammo im obviously going to run the G45 until my next “dedicated” production gun

For sure mate, I get it. I guess I'm just from the old school. Rather 1 pistol platform with 40 000 rounds, than 5 with 100's type scenario. But the shadows are great, very enjoyable to shoot. Good luck with your pick either way mate. And enjoy the sport!

User

I have found that switching between different types of guns(EDC, Production and Standard) has benefitted my shooting. It has forced skills development. What is difficult with one is easy with another and vice versa. One thing that I always enjoy after shooting Glock’s, is going back to the SIII or 2011 trigger. It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning all over again.

I remember talking to a serious motocross racer. He told me that as a rising junior he would train on a 250cc but competed in the 125cc class. His idea was that once he gets off the big bike, he could run the smaller one much harder. I have found similar gains playing with different handguns.

User

I have both Shadow 1 and 2. Shot only 1 match with the S2 so far. And I can tell you that a shadow 1 with all the tuned springs and bits is a VERY NICE pistol and is no less competitive than a S2.

My shadow 2 is still stock as I am waiting for my spring kit etc. And when compared side by side as stock the S2 is the much beter gun imo.

The S2 is a softer shooting gun and feels more controllable in my hands with beter grip and ergonomics, but a good shooter with a S1 will always outshoot an average shooter with a S2.

If money is not an option go for the S2 or else just go for the shadow 1 and woth the savings buy all the upgrade bits and a speed rig.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Banned

Ive been shooting production optics with a 19x for a year now(15000 rounds) and recently changed to a Canik TP 9 Elite Combat...(no Glock 17 mos were available). The Canik feels great out of the box but personally I think its like the top bikers say " its 95% rider 5% bike".....Been to some excellent training classes and like the guy giving the class says...you only spend a few seconds per stage shooting most of your time your moving and getting into a position to shoot...the kind of distances we shoot and the size of the alpha on the target dont really require pin point shooting...and all the guns mentioned are just as accurate as each other...my 2c

User

I have a very old well used 17 which I used as production gun, then I got a S1 and used that for production. Once my S1 wasn't available and there was a league so I decided to enter with my 17, man that was fun and I did extremely well or the others did very "bad". So I agree with shooting the 1 makes you better at shooting the others. Maybe like shooting a pellet gun to teach you trigger control. If I can find another S1 I'll rather take 2 S1's before taking one S2.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    To start, I think trigger time is more important than gear. A Glock 45 is just fine for production.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Glock G45 9mmP, basically a Black 19X, not .45ACP

My bad, brain just jumped to calibre

User

Thanks again for everyone's advise!! And thanks for the 2 great offers from fellow members!

I took the lesser of 2 evils and went for the SP-01 Shadow, stock standard and brand new!

It will be a project to build it up and add the extra performance parts as time goes on and probably end up costing more than a standard Shadow 2, and hopefully it can assist me in taking some medals in the future!!

I can always look at a Shadow 2 in the future should my skill set ever outgrow the Shadow 1, but thats still a long shot, and may never happen!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast