Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default KZN provincial DFO

Hi.
    Has anyone been experiencing issues with the provincial DFO in Kzn? My application hasn’t changed status from “Received at DFO” in over 5 weeks. I’ve emailed them but no response as well as no one answering their phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: KZN provincial DFO

I know of 3 amnesty apps that have been stuck at "received at prov DFO for quality control" since mid July.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

Mine was at KZN for just over a month. Last week it reached Licensing Section.

User

Apparantly our local DFO has over 2000 unread emails, has been taken before the station commander a few times

No Idea why my dealer told me this, as I promptly put the .38 I was about to buy back on the shelf.

User

Something does seem to be amiss at the Provincial DFO in KZN. Last 2 apps sat there for a very long time and both also got sent back to station DFO, first one because they stated there was no copy of my ID which there was a certified copy and the second one I'm waiting to find out why, but it takes weeks to get sent back, extremly frustrating!

User

Quote Originally Posted by yusufA View Post
    Hi.
    Has anyone been experiencing issues with the provincial DFO in Kzn? My application hasn’t changed status from “Received at DFO” in over 5 weeks. I’ve emailed them but no response as well as no one answering their phones.

Sounds more like your issue is at your local DFO?

Their internal procedures allow for 6 weeks at the DFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Sounds more like your issue is at your local DFO?

Their internal procedures allow for 6 weeks at the DFO.
    It has reached the provincial DFO.

User

My license app just moved to CFR after sitting 45 working days at Provincial. My comp renewal is still at provincial DFO even they were both submitted together. Any idea if comp renewals go to CFR or are they sorted at Provincial?

User

My renewal both with competency was submitted beginning of May still says in process, According to CFR license get finalized at Province but competency get sent to CFR, once finalized then Province will finalized license

I handed in 2 license applications in feb. they’ve only recently (2-3weeks ago) been received at CFR! I kept on being told that the entire building gets evacuated and everyone goes on paid leave every time someone gets Covid or maybe even symptoms!? Who knows!? I do have a particularly useless local DFO as well... The importer of one of the firearms I applied for in feb said his Gauteng clients who submitted docs at the same time collected their firearms 4 months ago. Very frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast