Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Glock 26 - Gen 3 Accuracy

Hi everyone,

Just a bit of a problem I have recently encountered with my glock 26 gen 3 accuracy, at 10 meters and beyond. My first few shots have been shooting low and left. I quickly remedied the shooting low bit since it was after some time that I visited the range and tend to anticipate the shot going off.

I did struggle to get the shooting left bit right however, to the point where I found myself pointing slightly to the right of the desired point of impact. I tried shooting at 5-7 meters and didn't have this problem. I noticed my rear sight was not positioned dead center but slightly to the right with a larger gap on the left side. I did a bit of googling and if anything this should have helped to shoot more to the right from what I read. I didn't notice this with my sights before.

Although I am aware most self defense shootings happen below 10 meters I am a bit worried about this. I don't recall having this problem in the past, though normally I shoot a 'man' size target this was a smaller A4 size, so probably would still be a decent hit on a larger man size target. I tried dry firing to see if I was pulling the gun off target while pulling the trigger but didn't notice anything. Tried really hard at grip, stance, etc. everything from T's course but still struggled.

Is there something to be worried about or should I just blame my ageing eyes, lol.

Default Re: Glock 26 - Gen 3 Accuracy

Book a session with a competent instructor.

Willing to bet its you, not the gun.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Book a session with a competent instructor.

Willing to bet its you, not the gun.
    highly probable

Sounds like you may be flinching. Try mixing your mag with live rounds and snap caps randomly (or get someone to do that for you so you don't know which trigger pull will go click). As the hammer strikes the dummy round, observe your sights carefully and see if you're subconsciously moving the muzzle down in anticipation of recoil.

Are you pulling the trigger with the middle part of your index fingertip? "Too little trigger finger" may result to your groups leaning towards the left of the target.

Also try bench resting your pistol to rule out anything that might have to do with the gun itself. I would get the rear sight centered if I were you.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    Sounds like you may be flinching. Try mixing your mag with live rounds and snap caps randomly (or get someone to do that for you so you don't know which trigger pull will go click). As the hammer strikes the dummy round, observe your sights carefully and see if you're subconsciously moving the muzzle down in anticipation of recoil.

Are you pulling the trigger with the middle part of your index fingertip? "Too little trigger finger" may result to your groups leaning towards the left of the target.

Also try bench resting your pistol to rule out anything that might have to do with the gun itself. I would get the rear sight centered if I were you.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    This is some useful information, I will try this and see how it works out.

Thanks

User

The title of the thread is wrong...

It is not a Glock 26 "accuracy" problem. It is an operator/user problem. If an operator / user has the described problem with a 26 he will have the same problem with any other gun anyone could care to mention.

Proper instruction from a competent trainer and applying the basics correctly will cause the problem to cease.

User

I’ll echo. That gun shoots just fine.

It is a 6 inch problem - the 6 inches between your ears.

Easy fix with a good instructor. Handgun basics course with Adrian Rosslee would be top of my list.

User

Hi JIV

How were you shooting? How badly were you pulling to the left? How consistent were the shots printing on the left?

If you were shooting slow fire/ bullseye type with a slight but consistent shots to the left, it could be your sights are off. Happened to me, I gave my rear sights a few taps in the appropriate direction and i was gtg

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    Hi JIV

How were you shooting? How badly were you pulling to the left? How consistent were the shots printing on the left?

If you were shooting slow fire/ bullseye type with a slight but consistent shots to the left, it could be your sights are off. Happened to me, I gave my rear sights a few taps in the appropriate direction and i was gtg
    Quite consistently, but only at 10 meters, yes it was slow controlled shootin. At around 7 meters they were not bad at all. I will center the sights and retry with some of the other tips provided.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JIV View Post
    Quite consistently, but only at 10 meters, yes it was slow controlled shootin. At around 7 meters they were not bad at all. I will center the sights and retry with some of the other tips provided.

Thank you
    If it was the sights then it would not shoot to point of aim regardless of distance. You may just not notice the margin of error.

Seek competent instruction before messing with your sights.

You are not going to fix this problem on the internet.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast