Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Glock 26 - Gen 3 Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    Hi JIV

How were you shooting? How badly were you pulling to the left? How consistent were the shots printing on the left?

If you were shooting slow fire/ bullseye type with a slight but consistent shots to the left, it could be your sights are off. Happened to me, I gave my rear sights a few taps in the appropriate direction and i was gtg
    Quite consistently, but only at 10 meters, yes it was slow controlled shootin. At around 7 meters they were not bad at all. I will center the sights and retry with some of the other tips provided.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JIV View Post
    Quite consistently, but only at 10 meters, yes it was slow controlled shootin. At around 7 meters they were not bad at all. I will center the sights and retry with some of the other tips provided.

Thank you
    If it was the sights then it would not shoot to point of aim regardless of distance. You may just not notice the margin of error.

Seek competent instruction before messing with your sights.

You are not going to fix this problem on the internet.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

No! Don't center your sights. Guns are sighted in at the factory and can be slightly offset. Your adjustments would be based in the fact that this factory setting was shifted somehow.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JIV View Post

Thank you
    To re-zero the sights on a Glock can be bitchy and its generally frustrating.

Do what SSP said.

My first training course, after the first 6 rounds the instructor told me my sights are not zeroed, go for training.

Ask someone else to also shoot it.

User

Some very humble advice: test to see if your baby finger is 'milking' the grip. Simply put: extend your baby finger on your shooting hand, tighten your grip and shoot.

Sometimes, we tighten our grip as we fire and shift the poa. Ensure that your sight picture and sight alignment are maintained while shooting by keeping your eyes opened throughout the process of firing a round.

User

To me it sounds like you could just be flinching, buy the Glock Cube for dry firing practice, even if it doesnt solve your specific issue it will help a shit load with your trigger control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I always shot straight with all my Glocks. Then I had Tennis Elbow surgery for a serious elbow injury that happened a few years back. For 6 months I couldn't shoot a handgun. I then used my Glocks, but in a Roni so that recoil shifts away from my forearm for another 3 months. 6 weeks ago I started shooting again with handgun only. It still hurts, but Docs says is ok. Nothing will tear of again. So now, that same pistols that always shot perfectly straight are shooting way left. (I am right handed.) Have video taped myself and even when concentrating to not flinch, a flinch can still be seen on the video. Short answer - Driver error.

On a side note, I am frustrated by this. Seriously frustrated. Have tried dry firing a lot and used that fancy things you attach to your gun and shoot on your tablet (the name is not with me now...). Am seriously contemplating to go for decent training again. A competent trainer might help correct the issue that sits between my ears.

Have you changed ammunition recently. Shooting different brand or different load. Also has someone else fired the pistol yet?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I always shot straight with all my Glocks. Then I had Tennis Elbow surgery for a serious elbow injury that happened a few years back. For 6 months I couldn't shoot a handgun. I then used my Glocks, but in a Roni so that recoil shifts away from my forearm for another 3 months. 6 weeks ago I started shooting again with handgun only. It still hurts, but Docs says is ok. Nothing will tear of again. So now, that same pistols that always shot perfectly straight are shooting way left. (I am right handed.) Have video taped myself and even when concentrating to not flinch, a flinch can still be seen on the video. Short answer - Driver error.

On a side note, I am frustrated by this. Seriously frustrated. Have tried dry firing a lot and used that fancy things you attach to your gun and shoot on your tablet (the name is not with me now...). Am seriously contemplating to go for decent training again. A competent trainer might help correct the issue that sits between my ears.
    Training for sure!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast