Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where To Buy A Glock 17 Gen 5 With Front Serrations In Cape Town Area

Haha ok cool, thanks guys.

Default Re: Where To Buy A Glock 17 Gen 5 With Front Serrations In Cape Town Area

Some recent comments on pistol forum that may be relevant to gen5 owners.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ot-Issues-quot

Seems that the slide lock may activate inadvertently.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post

Never happened to me, 8K+ rounds through my Gen5 Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post

Thanks will have a look when received.

Must say Glock's record with new releases isn't perfect. They had issues with their Gen 4 release and now Gen 5. The Gen 4 was sorted out and hopefully the Gen 5's have now as well.

You expect Glock to be more thorough.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I did once, lucky one in a million hey...

Aaaaaanayways, the agents sorted me out no problem.

Soldier Man, dont stress about getting a lemon and rest assured you will be taken care of if you do.
    You must be.
    I've owned 1 x Glock 22, 3 x Glock 19's, 1 x Glock 23, 2 x Glock 43's, 1 x Glock 21 and 1 x Glock 34 and not one of them was a lemon or gave me any issues. Issues are normally parts related and not a factory faulty gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Thanks will have a look when received.

Must say Glock's record with new releases isn't perfect. They had issues with their Gen 4 release and now Gen 5. The Gen 4 was sorted out and hopefully the Gen 5's have now as well.

You expect Glock to be more thorough.
    Their QC is still far better than most and they don't normally go with the Microsoft approach. Why are you not considering the MOS option?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Buy the MOS. You'll thank me later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    This is the truth.
    100% agree, purchasing the MOS is the way forward. Having an RDS on a handgun should be a given as it is on SLR's.

I assume you've tried CHS Guns, Safari Outdoor, Wildman?

Otherwise you can purchase one up country you will just have to factor in the cost of couriering it down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Their QC is still far better than most and they don't normally go with the Microsoft approach. Why are you not considering the MOS option?
    I am unfamiliar with other brand's QC, I just assumed that most companies try and keep new releases as error free as possible. So other companies have had issues in the past as well?

A RDS just doesn't interest me at the moment. Also I want to use it in a Roni so don't want that to interfere with the Roni functioning properly if there's that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    100% agree, purchasing the MOS is the way forward. Having an RDS on a handgun should be a given as it is on SLR's.

I assume you've tried CHS Guns, Safari Outdoor, Wildman?

Otherwise you can purchase one up country you will just have to factor in the cost of couriering it down here.
    Yip tried Safari and Wildman, just checked CHS Guns and they don't have any in stock according to their site. Will phone tomorrow.

User

You could also try Suburban in Plumstead, they have a decent range of pistols

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast