Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Where To Buy A Glock 17 Gen 5 With Front Serrations In Cape Town Area

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I am unfamiliar with other brand's QC, I just assumed that most companies try and keep new releases as error free as possible. So other companies have had issues in the past as well?

A RDS just doesn't interest me at the moment. Also I want to use it in a Roni so don't want that to interfere with the Roni functioning properly if there's that chance.
    All good, your choice is a good one irrespective. The MOS version won't interfere with your RONI. Besides it'll likely be quicker and more available than a RONI ;) Just trying to show you benefits of 'future proofing' your investment.

User

Default Re: Where To Buy A Glock 17 Gen 5 With Front Serrations In Cape Town Area

Do they not sell Dremels in CT?

User

The glock too soft for a dremel, use nail filer instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CODENAME47 View Post
    You could also try Suburban in Plumstead, they have a decent range of pistols
    They were the second store I phoned :)

User

They were the second store I phoned :)
    VGK Firearms in Parow
    Guns and Bows in Bellville
    Parow Arms in Parow

So I am considering the MOS, but have heard that the screws that come with it sometimes come loose is this true? Do you have to tighten the screws often with or without a RDS?

User

My 2c on the MOS is that it doesn't really make sense for us here in sunny SA where an optic costs as much as a gun.

It's not very likely that most of us will change out optics on our guns. Some chaps will but those are outliers.

So then the allure behind MOS falls away as the ability to change optic footprints comes at the expense of the optic sitting higher. If you mill a standard slide for your optic you will get it to sit lower in the slide.

Just random thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    My 2c on the MOS is that it doesn't really make sense for us here in sunny SA where an optic costs as much as a gun.

It's not very likely that most of us will change out optics on our guns. Some chaps will but those are outliers.

So then the allure behind MOS falls away as the ability to change optic footprints comes at the expense of the optic sitting higher. If you mill a standard slide for your optic you will get it to sit lower in the slide.

Just random thoughts.
    Yeah the RDS sitting higher is also something I came across.

A level headed review of the MOS system.

Can someone tell me how easy the process is if I buy a gun on the other side of the country that needs to be shipped.

Is it pretty well hassle free or should I rather try and look locally?
    It's easy, but not cheap. The cost of couriering the documents, and then later the firearm will add up to around R800 or so. (Not cheap to ship a firearm).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast