Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Section 16 license application - motivation question

I don't do that. I did it in the past but not anymore. I simply say what the gun will be used for...NHSA handgun 10m, add docs, klaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I don't do that. I did it in the past but not anymore. I simply say what the gun will be used for...NHSA handgun 10m, add docs, klaar.

I do the same. I print all Docs NHSA has on site. And the list of there shooting disciplines. And attach. And say Im ging to shoot the once it falls in.

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Hi guys

I have a question regarding my Section 16 motivation that I am busy with.

I own a 9mm handgun already licensed under S13 (self defense). I am now motivating for a second 9mm to be used for Sports Shooting. TECHNICALLY, the S13 gun (HK P30) can be used for the shooting exercises/ sport that the sports gun is required for. So struggling to meet the brief in the application when you explain why your existing firearms don't meet the requirements, so I am worried that they come back with a "you did not sufficiently prove the need".

So here is my thinking, and want to check if anyone has any experience here. My HK is licensed for Self Defense. I do not want to use my Self Defense firearm for sports shooting, because HK is not well supported with spare parts in the country, and I do not want to regularly use this firearm as this increases the risk of something breaking. I want to keep my Self Defense firearm in working order, and therefore need a different S16 9mm.

Any thoughts?
    Mention the fact that it has a longer barrel (if it does) and so will improve accuracy, etc. and include copies of your membership to shooting ranges or clubs, etc. Otherwise you are on the same track as me in terms of motivation, wear and tear, and so risk of failing when it matters most.

User

My brother-in-law applied for Sec16 for his new Shadow1 licence in March2020 and all he said was he will be using it for sport shooting and gave no reason why his Sec13 does not meet requirement ....... application was approved in Sep2020.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    My brother-in-law applied for Sec16 for his new Shadow1 licence in March2020 and all he said was he will be using it for sport shooting and gave no reason why his Sec13 does not meet requirement ....... application was approved in Sep2020.
    So this is my worry - that by mentioning it you are actually drawing attention to the fact that you already have a 9mm capable of fulfilling same role.

The real reason for mentioning multiple reasons is incase of appeal, as you want as much information in your original application as possible.
    The committee doesn't usually look favorably at additional information added afterwards that was available for your original submission.

Same with renewals

At least that's what the lawyers say

User

I have two glock 19's one s13 one s16.
    My s16 motivation was " I need a handgun for sport shooting" and then attached my organisations letters etc.
    IMHO I believe they look for reasons to say No. So the more you add the more they have to say no to.

User

Default Section 16 license application - motivation question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    The real reason for mentioning multiple reasons is incase of appeal, as you want as much information in your original application as possible.
    The committee doesn't usually look favorably at additional information added afterwards that was available for your original submission.

Same with renewals

At least that's what the lawyers say
    This is exactly what I hear as well. You want as much information to lean on as possible. If they come with a story, then you ideally refer them to the motivation which should be comprehensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Guys just a bit of a . If you appeal most apps go through. If the appeal fails GOSA can fight for you and I believe ALL of those get sorted out. So if any of you want to make things easier join up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Guys just a bit of a . If you appeal most apps go through. If the appeal fails GOSA can fight for you and I believe ALL of those get sorted out. So if any of you want to make things easier join up.
    Seconded. Please join GOSA and pool resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast