User

Default Removing the serial number from a pistol slide

I came across some pimped Glocks over on https://www.impactproshop.net/produc.../apw-glocks-19 and see they've removed the serial number from the slide, it appears permanently not just to hide it online, (obviously in the photos online, not sure about their "production stock") and was sure this would be illegal or at least illegal without permission from CFR. Anyone with more knowledge on this? From what I recall in my investigations to open up the loading port on my shotgun, gunsmiths would not open the port past the serial number.
    Last edited by Bowhunter; 30-10-2020 at 10:27. Reason: Corrected web address

User

Default Re: Removing the serial number from a pistol slide

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    I came across some pimped Glocks over on impactshooting.net and see they've removed the serial number from the slide, it appears permanently not just to hide it online, (obviously in the photos online, not sure about their "production stock") and was sure this would be illegal or at least illegal without permission from CFR. Anyone with more knowledge on this? From what I recall in my investigations to open up the loading port on my shotgun, gunsmiths would not open the port past the serial number.
    That link doesn't resolve. Are you looking at impactproshop.net?

User

Apologies, yes, edited

User

I came across some pimped Glocks over on https://www.impactproshop.net/produc.../apw-glocks-19 and see they've removed the serial number from the slide, it appears permanently not just to hide it online, (obviously in the photos online, not sure about their "production stock") and was sure this would be illegal or at least illegal without permission from CFR. Anyone with more knowledge on this? From what I recall in my investigations to open up the loading port on my shotgun, gunsmiths would not open the port past the serial number.
    The serial number is visible on the barrel but not the slide so I doubt it's a case of hiding the SN for the photos.

User

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    The serial number is visible on the barrel but not the slide so I doubt it's a case of hiding the SN for the photos.
    Agreed

User

Agreed
    Also if you look at the right side of the slide below the ejection port there is a rebate milled exactly where the SN and proof marks usually are which seems intentional.

I am sure job could do this, provided a gunsmith outs the serial number somewhere else on the slide again.

Have a similar problem with my mossburg 500 shotgun. Side settle hides the serial. Planing to have Smith redo serial somewhere visible so that I can fit the side saddle without obstruction to serial.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk