User

Default Beretta A300 Musgrave

Morning.

I may have the option on a basically mint A300 with Musgrave stamped on the barrel for peanuts to free. As I understand Musgrave assembled these etc back in the day for various reasons.

My question is is it worth licensing or are there better semi autos in its price value? I see it's 3 plus 1 and no option for an extension tube due to the gas operating system? Is this a fact? My googlefu is only so strong...

Banned

Default Re: Beretta A300 Musgrave

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    Morning.

I may have the option on a basically mint A300 with Musgrave stamped on the barrel for peanuts to free. As I understand Musgrave assembled these etc back in the day for various reasons.

My question is is it worth licensing or are there better semi autos in its price value? I see it's 3 plus 1 and no option for an extension tube due to the gas operating system? Is this a fact? My googlefu is only so strong...
    I believe I have one and it really is a comfortable gun. I am not a tactical guy, nor a shotgun fundi, but
    "comfortable" - is the right word for this gun.

If I remember correctly these are amongst the most durable semi shotguns ever made.

User

I have one. Very reliable, shoots well. Excellent if you get it for a good price. A good price would be between R3 000,00 and R4 000,00. The low capacity of 3+1 will be a problem for some shooting sports. I use mine for pin shooting, for which it works well. You have to press the carrier latch button to release the carrier latch for loading, making reloading a bit slower than more modern guns. I doubt that the fast reloading techniques used in IPSC will work with the carrier latch design, but I stand to be corrected. It'll probably work well for hunting, depending on the barrel length and choke.

User

Thanks all. I have been running some rounds through it today flawlessly. Will be used for hunting and culling. Should be able to get it for a grand.

User

Thanks all. I have been running some rounds through it today flawlessly. Will be used for hunting and culling. Should be able to get it for a grand.
    That's a giveaway; grab it!

Back in the day the A300 was probably the best and most used shotgun for Culling from a chopper. They shot them piping hot and I haven't heard of any serious failures besides the odd firing pin replacement.

Any guy who has some culling experience will back me up with this statement.

User

Morning.

Musgrave were the agents and imported them. I doubt any were assembled here, except for the barrels being installed into the action. Shotguns are usually shipped with the barrel out of the action to reduce the length of the box.

The mag can not be extended in any of the normal ways, as the gas piston sits in front of the mag. Enjoy it as it is.

The A300 is known for it's reliability and durability. It also tends to take a bite from your thumb if you reload it in a hurry, so watch what you are doing.

For hunting and even clays it works great, provided the choke is suitable for the particular application.