Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    ***********************************This dog starts whining when it realizes we going to play track.
    Dogs enjoy an outing. Enjoy the dog.

Banned

Default Re: Finally got myself a tracking dog, one meant for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Dogs enjoy an outing. Enjoy the dog.
    Its the realization that she is going to track, not the outing. My dogs go almost everywhere with me, if its legal or allowed they there - even my Sunday lunch is at a dog tolerant place.
    Its when the dog see's/smells the blood bottle, then the urgent "I can not wait" whining starts. When Cody walks off into the bush it's comical the frantic activity.

If all pans out as planned, she will go on her first farm outing today.

User

Its the realization that she is going to track, not the outing. My dogs go almost everywhere with me, if its legal or allowed they there - even my Sunday lunch is at a dog tolerant place.
    Its when the dog see's/smells the blood bottle, then the urgent "I can not wait" whining starts. When Cody walks off into the bush it's comical the frantic activity.

Thats awesome and enjoy, let hope she perform 100%

Enjoy.

Banned

The dog got its first track in, found it.
    The only way I could get phone to download was to face book.So here is the link for those interested.
    https://www.facebook.com/davidtreeman.allen/

Banned

I purposely shot the Impala behind the shoulder lung shot so it would give us a bit of a run about to find.
    As we have mentioned before there are no real rules when hunting. The Impala fell right there, DRT.
    I then had to take round about walk to animal and drag it 50/60 meters away around trees and bush's.

Was amazing to watch, she tracked right to animal and to this moment all she ever found was a blood bottle piece of skin and a treat.
    The animal was dragged around a solid bush - SOLID, and it was incredible to see her come round corner and see it. She stopped and hairs went up and she assumed a cat like position, sniffed darted closer darted back, low on ground, growling, it was amazing - something I will not likely ever see her do again.
    moments later she started barking. The sounding when she finds something that I was so hoping she had in her.
    Was a great moment.
    She did not leave animal alone from then on wards growling fighting it barking and grabbing a mouthful till we skinned it a 7 hrs about later.
    She was a red dog when we got home blooded and tired, slept from about 13H00 to next day with small awake moments.

Banned

Managed to get it down loaded
    tracking by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

User

Looks like so much fun TM!

Banned

Was good moment hearing my boy tell me" leave her dad let her do her work, trust your dog" - exactly what I told him during practice tracking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3