Page 82 of 190 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: America - Will we stand or will we fall

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I reckon the rich nations who got that way via democracy and free-ish markets are falling apart not as a result of any particular flaw in the fabric of democracy but rather because rich people with lots of time on their hands and no fear of the negative consequences of their action/inaction tend towards decadence.
    Or by deliberate action. Google "cultural Marxism"... ignore Wikipedia calling it "antisemitic", it is nothing of the sort (but their entry is illuminating as to their own bias, or the deliberate bias of whomever edited the entry). Then Google "The Frankfurt School".
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Or by deliberate action. Google "cultural Marxism"... ignore Wikipedia calling it "antisemitic", it is nothing of the sort (but their entry is illuminating as to their own bias, or the deliberate bias of whomever edited the entry). Then Google "The Frankfurt School".
    I'm familiar with the twin blights of cultural Marxism and critical theory and think that their wholesale adoption by leftardish hive minders is a symptom of the trend towards decadence that I mentioned.

User

Wowsers, had a quick look at the Wikipedia article and it turns out that I'm a confirmed 'far right conspiracy theorist'. Who knew.

User

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what is for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote - Ben Franklin IIRC

User

Personally I think we should give sortition a go. We can't get anybody worse than the current lot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marcvbsa View Post
    Personally I think we should give sortition a go. We can't get anybody worse than the current lot.
    I prefer the idea of electing government officials by round robin Russian roulette.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Wowsers, had a quick look at the Wikipedia article and it turns out that I'm a confirmed 'far right conspiracy theorist'. Who knew.
    I discovered that about myself as well although through a different medium. I'm actually a racist one to boot according to the analysis. I thought I was just a regular guy, easy going and frustratingly bankrupt.
    Which is at odds with the category which claims I dine out a lot and treat underlings with contempt, considering I only dine out if someone else picks up the tab ( not often ), and my only underling works 10 hours a month.

User

Messor’s view is correct. D.C. has been captured by special interest groups.

The United States is an oligarchy, according to this 2014 study:
    https://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/...litics.doc.pdf

However, this VOX article claims three rebuttals say it’s wrong:
    https://www.vox.com/2016/5/9/1150246...ligarchy-study

Intuition, experience and common sense inform me that the American empire is on its way down, taking its dependent western nations with it, while China and its BRI-allied nations are rising to replace it. When the two trajectories cross paths in earnest there will be major conflict as both fight for dominance of global trade and influence.
    I predict a split EU as their leaders come to realize that they must adapt to living in the house of a new economic master. The United States will be forced to rely on alliances with their North American neighbors and allies outside the European continent which share opposition to China’s rise to economic primacy.
    Whatever else actually happens, the whole world is once again pregnant with war and unless aborted soon, that baby will be delivered, kicking and screaming.

User

Default America - Will we stand or will we fall

Not to be outdone by the Romans:

(Go home, America—you’re drunk.)

User

“Secretly and quietly, the Biden administration has continued to use the killing machine crafted by President George W. Bush, expanded by President Barack Obama and employed from time to time by President Donald Trump. These presidents have used drones and other unmanned missiles and projectiles to target persons in foreign countries with which the United States is not at war.

They have done this notwithstanding the prohibition of taking life, liberty or property from any person — not just any American, but any person — in the Constitution each has sworn to uphold, and they have done so pursuant to secret rules that they themselves have established for these killings.

Last week, 11 senators and 39 members of the House of Representatives — Democrats all — to their credit sent a harshly worded letter to President Joseph R. Biden asking him to stop the killings. As of this writing, he has not publicly replied.

Here is the backstory.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/01/...tial-killings/

Page 82 of 190 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast