Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Default Re: America - Will we stand or will we fall

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Most polls in the US represent what the paying client wants to see and have no resemblance to market research anymore. They are being paid for by newspapers and TV stations and are being used to discourage a specific set of voters not to show what is really going on. The parties have better information and when somebody like Podesta call the election close then you know it.

In any case some polls have better ratings and come to different results. Or you ask indirect questions (e.g. who will your neighbour vote for), or you ask from a different country. There are good political polls out there but because the business model relies on elections they are highly dependent on having a "news" sponsor otherwise the companies would not be able to survive in between.
    That's like shooting yourself in the foot though. If the polls show Biden in the lead, that will only motivate Trump supporters to go out and vote. So while they think they are being clever, they could very well be helping Trump to win.

User

Although I certainly wouldn't want the Dems in power, I think it no longer matters who wins - the empire is in decline.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Although I certainly wouldn't want the Dems in power, I think it no longer matters who wins - the empire is in decline.
    Ok but what does decline mean in this scenario?
    Even in the previous election more people voted for hillary than for Trump.
    The question thus is what is wrong with half of the people in the states?
    Is the decline you speak of one of sanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ok but what does decline mean in this scenario?
    Even in the previous election more people voted for hillary than for Trump.
    The question thus is what is wrong with half of the people in the states?
    Is the decline you speak of one of sanity?
    Trump is the calm in the storm, he has offered a bit of breathing time, but the storm is still wild and not over. Economic decline for sure, just look at their debt it is beyond repair. Printing money likes it's monopoly money. This has been in the making for years now it's nothing new. China is the rising power (for good or for bad) and America is the declining power. Empires have a lifespan and they all go through the same stages before collapse, America is on the final stage, decadence, out of control spending, obsession with sex, etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    ... decadence, out of control spending, obsession with sex, etc.
    That just sounds like me, fresh out of varsity shortly after I started earning a salary...

... and I turned out OK by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    That just sounds like me, fresh out of varsity shortly after I started earning a salary...

... and I turned out OK by all accounts
    What is good for a varsity student, is very bad for a capitalist democratic country!! :p

A bloated military I believe was another symptom, I assume you have dedicated status so you can tick that box as well :p

User

Looks like Biden is taking some major wins, hard to see Trump recovering now.

User

BLM, LGBTQ, ANTIFA, the youth, moms demand action and .....add your liberal organization in here.......has spoken. Biden it will be for the next 4 years.......

User

Quote Originally Posted by vinmarvin View Post
    BLM, LGBTQ, ANTIFA, the youth, moms demand action and .....add your liberal organization in here.......has spoken. Biden it will be for the next 4 years.......
    And watch the U.S decline into a Nazi state with Biden at the helm. Sorry guys, but you're fucked.

User

Democracy has a serious flaw, something we South Africans have known for almost 3 decades, it only works if most of the voters are not idiots.

Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast