Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Ammuntition Shortage

The Diplopoint 9mm at R115 for 25 are looking awfully tempting right now...

So where do gun shop's get there stock from? Do they buy from overseas or are there wholesalers who deal with different brands the same as other products that bring in bulk and sell to the shops.

For instance a while back there was a shortage of the ever staple S&B and the shops in Cape Town had stock of Barnaul steel case instead.

I see Dave Sheer just got a load of ZVS in at R295 for 50. And here in the Cape ZVS has just sold out in most shops.

Should I just buy what I need to shoot at R350 (and up) a box of 50 and wait for the prices to drop or is that going to be a while. Maybe once Biden wins Americans will stop buying ammo? Or maybe they will buy more!

User

Default Re: Ammuntition Shortage

If Biden wins, America will go on even bigger gun / ammo buying spree.

The best advise I have for you: START RELOADING NOW!!!!!!!!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post

This. When I see what people spend on factory ammo, it baffles me why they didn't start reloading 2000 rounds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post

I actually researched reloading and decided against it. Don't want to blow up my Glock because I'm useless at reloading would be my first reason...
    If it was for a revolver I would say yes, but a pistol needs to cycle and just seems more complex so I just don't want to get it wrong.

If things continue as they are I just might have to rethink things though...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I actually researched reloading and decided against it. Don't want to blow up my Glock because I'm useless at reloading would be my first reason...
    If it was for a revolver I would say yes, but a pistol needs to cycle and just seems more complex so I just don't want to get it wrong.

you over thinking it, get a mate to help and guide you. It is not rocket science, steady fready wins he race here.

User

Maybe, with china biden being in charge, the American ammunition manufacturers would flood overseas markets with ammo, because they will not be able to sell it at home :)

Quote Originally Posted by mikecollinge View Post
    Maybe, with china biden being in charge, the American ammunition manufacturers would flood overseas markets with ammo, because they will not be able to sell it at home :)
    Gonna be interesting to see just what Biden, or is it Harris, gets up to once in power.

User

Don't you like learning new things?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Don't you like learning new things?
    Don't get me wrong I love the idea and actually doing reloading as I have in fact done some in the past. But like I said you want to get it right when loading for pistols to cycle properly, etc. There's also the issue of powder (and primers?) availability these days.

But if the situation gets worse or I start shooting more frequently (which seems to be the case) then I just might have to get a Classic Turret. Then I can badger you guys for info and help all day!

User

Yes, clumsy reloading is very likely to blow up your Glock (or any other pistol). Done properly, reloads are way better and safer than shop-bought range ammo.

And no, a revolver may be tolerant of slightly underloaded ammo, but it can blow up just fine with poor ammo. They also tend to jam and lock up with poorly loaded ammo.

Reloading is cut out for perfectionists. If you are not willing to do the needed effort to make 100% safe ammo, then don't reload. Not everyone can make music or paint good artworks either...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast