User

Default Holsters - Import or Local

Hi guys

Wanted to ask what the general view is here. I'm looking for a new concealed carry EDC holster. Have carried my HK P30 in a Comp-Tact Minotaur for ten years and that holster has been amazing.

Upgrading my EDC gun to a Smith and Wesson MP9 2.0 Compact (4 inch) - and so need to get a new holster. The issue is, as always, the selection here in SA really appears to be limited compared to the choice you have in the US for example. Brands like Hidden Hybrid Holsters and Alien Gear are really appealing to me, but can't find a supplier here. I also can't find a supplier of the Minotaur for the S&W - think i got my current one (for the P30) from Hailstorm (I think!?) - but they don't have on the site.

So my question is, has anyone had any experience of importing a holster and would this be recommended or warned against? Would assume customs would be quite expensive but is what it is I guess.

Appreciate your input.

B20

User

Default Re: Holsters - Import or Local

Hailstorm is the go to locally for comptac, check with them when their next shipment is coming in.

If you import direct from comptac, expect an additional 30% before vat due to the leather.
    I imported my own, it cost me more or less the same as buying locally. I only done it because I didn't want to wait.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Hailstorm is the go to locally for comptac, check with them when their next shipment is coming in.

If you import direct from comptac, expect an additional 30% before vat due to the leather.
    I imported my own, it cost me more or less the same as buying locally. I only done it because I didn't want to wait.
    Thanks dude. That's helpful. So effectively can buy yourself - costs the same (more or less) as locally and can order from a wider range. So almost a no-brainer - unless I am missing something.

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Thanks dude. That's helpful. So effectively can buy yourself - costs the same (more or less) as locally and can order from a wider range. So almost a no-brainer - unless I am missing something.
    Pretty much.
    Just bear in mind that the cheapest shipping options use SAPO, so it's not going to be here in 2 weeks if you go that route.
    Almost all orders from Brownells are flagged by ITAR (gun parts or not), not an issue but can cause delays until you have got your permit from them.