Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Gen 5 G26 problem

Snapcap, I suggest you shoot it some more and then clean it as per usual. Should not be anything to worry about.

User

If you can stick a bore scope down the barrel and make sure it inst rust. It seems that the gen 5 can develop rust very easily. A friend had a gen 5 that started to rust and pit after carrying it for less than a month. And he did oil it almost every night.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snapcap View Post
    Off topic a bit but I shot some reloads with MP200 and didn't clean for 2 weeks only to find in my last cleaning sesh my normally "polished chrome" looking barrel now has small blemishes inside the rifling. Is it rust and how do I get rid of it hoppes no9 and a bronze brush failed(40x pulls through with lots of hoppes left in at least for 15mins)
    Most of such marks gets polished out easily with lead or copper traveling at about 900 fps or faster.

Thanks chaps good to know, mines a Gen 4.I've shot MP200 at night to test a WML and ja MP at night looks like a semi-smokeless powder! Internals after one mag look like 200x rounds of S&B factory😐

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snapcap View Post
    Thanks chaps good to know, mines a Gen 4.I've shot MP200 at night to test a WML and ja MP at night looks like a semi-smokeless powder! Internals after one mag look like 200x rounds of S&B factory
    They are built for use.

I use a de-fouling agent every 5000 odd rounds through my Glocks, and then I polish with a brass brush until the barrel gets hot...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    They are built for use.

I use a de-fouling agent every 5000 odd rounds through my Glocks, and then I polish with a brass brush until the barrel gets hot...
    Likely to cause more damage than just shooting the gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Likely to cause more damage than just shooting the gun.
    I used the wrong word, not "polish" rather "scrub" and not "hot" rather "warm" well, as warm as it can get from hand scrubbing...

User

Quote Originally Posted by eadams View Post
    Hi guys. Can someone please advise. I got my gen 5 g26 a couple of months ago now. Bought it new from a dealer. Whenever I strip it for cleaning I noticed that the slide would get stuck just before half way down the frame and then I have to push it back a bit before it will slide off completely. Thought it was nothing and then tonight after cleaning, while putting the slide back on I realized that the ejector actually hits the backplate stopping the slide from going back smoothly. This is starting to damage my backplate and I’m worried that my ejector might be bent. Should I just go to the range and shoot a bunch of rounds and hope it fixes itself or should I get it checked out at the shop where I purchased it from? The gun functions properly when shooting. Had one or two malfunctions but that’s due to crap range ammo that malfunctioned in my P07 as well.
    Did you manage to get this issue resolved perhaps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2