Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: SAPO and International Parcels - Not Accepting International Parcels?

The lack of service from SAPO has been going on for years.
    Covid 19 has been a wonderful opportunity for them to find an excuse for their failure to deliver anything.
    My suppliers in Europe refuse to send items through SAPO and I have to now accept 'interesting' DHL charges.
    The one good aspect of this is that items arrive within a week of being dispatched.
    Some letters are still getting through though.
    Yesterday, I received a tax demand from the UK, which had been posted 'priority airmail' on the 3rd April !
    Don't you just love SOEs

Default Re: SAPO and International Parcels - Not Accepting International Parcels?

The beauty about Sapo is that you don't notice it when they are striking.

User

So I received a response from the one email address in the list above... haven't heard anything since.

"Morning Sekano

Please can you assist Steven regarding his enquiry

Regards

Mark-Anthony Jansen Van Rensburg

Senior Manager Operations

Tel: 012-407 7040

Fax: 0865585058

From: Stevin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, 17 November 2020 09:52
    To: Mark Barnes <Mark.Barnes@postoffice.co.za>; Lindiwe Kwele <Lindiwe.Kwele@postoffice.co.za>; Mthoko Mncwabe <Mthoko.Mncwabe@postoffice.co.za>; Anthea Seafield <Anthea.Seafield@postoffice.co.za>; Dawood Dada <Dawood.Dada@postoffice.co.za>; Claude Phillips <claudep.Phillips@postoffice.co.za>; Trevor Ndlazi <Trevor.Ndlazi@postoffice.co.za>; Dina Lume <Dina.Lume@postoffice.co.za>; Shaheen Adam <Shaheen.Adam@Postbank.co.za>; Twiggs Xiphu <Twiggs.Xiphu@postoffice.co.za>; Mothusi Motjale <Mothusi.Motjale@postoffice.co.za>; Bongani Mgoza <Bongani.Mgoza@postoffice.co.za>; Mark Jansen Van Rensburg <Mark.JansenVanRensburg@postoffice.co.za>; Geert Bataille <Geert.Bataille@postoffice.co.za>
    Subject: International Parcels not not being shipped from Source Country due to SAPO Non Communication.

Good Day.

Please could I be assisted. I have been advised by 2 separate business (one located in Russia, and the other USA), that their postal service can't accept parcels bound for South African Postal Service. As their last communication was that our Postal Service is not currently operating / accepting international parcels.

I have had parcels waiting to be shipped for over 2 months now, without resolution from the South African side.

--

Regards, "

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    So I received a response from the one email address in the list above... haven't heard anything since.

"Morning Sekano

Please can you assist Steven regarding his enquiry

Regards

Mark-Anthony Jansen Van Rensburg

Senior Manager Operations

Tel: 012-407 7040

Fax: 0865585058

From: Stevin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, 17 November 2020 09:52
    To: Mark Barnes <Mark.Barnes@postoffice.co.za>; Lindiwe Kwele <Lindiwe.Kwele@postoffice.co.za>; Mthoko Mncwabe <Mthoko.Mncwabe@postoffice.co.za>; Anthea Seafield <Anthea.Seafield@postoffice.co.za>; Dawood Dada <Dawood.Dada@postoffice.co.za>; Claude Phillips <claudep.Phillips@postoffice.co.za>; Trevor Ndlazi <Trevor.Ndlazi@postoffice.co.za>; Dina Lume <Dina.Lume@postoffice.co.za>; Shaheen Adam <Shaheen.Adam@Postbank.co.za>; Twiggs Xiphu <Twiggs.Xiphu@postoffice.co.za>; Mothusi Motjale <Mothusi.Motjale@postoffice.co.za>; Bongani Mgoza <Bongani.Mgoza@postoffice.co.za>; Mark Jansen Van Rensburg <Mark.JansenVanRensburg@postoffice.co.za>; Geert Bataille <Geert.Bataille@postoffice.co.za>
    Subject: International Parcels not not being shipped from Source Country due to SAPO Non Communication.

Good Day.

Please could I be assisted. I have been advised by 2 separate business (one located in Russia, and the other USA), that their postal service can't accept parcels bound for South African Postal Service. As their last communication was that our Postal Service is not currently operating / accepting international parcels.

I have had parcels waiting to be shipped for over 2 months now, without resolution from the South African side.

--

Regards, "
    You can expect a few more mails coming in soon once he is on it.

Pro-tip. If you have gmail. Copy your mail. Reply all. And just keep pasting it in. I send them about 300 mails a day. that helps.

User

User

No Russia on the list, and my parcel from the USA is going to be sent via FedEx in the next couple days... I know we're getting parcels via USA as i got some stuff a few weeks back.

we will deliver, however long it takes

A camelbaq bladder just arrived, ordered on the 29th of Feb. 9 months ago. The first letter mailed from the Cape Colony took 6 months to reach its destination. So we are on average 50% slower. Glad to see advances in technology work.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    we will deliver, however long it takes

A camelbaq bladder just arrived, ordered on the 29th of Feb. 9 months ago. The first letter mailed from the Cape Colony took 6 months to reach its destination. So we are on average 50% slower. Glad to see advances in technology work.
    Proof that Jan v Riebeeck's crowd were actually more efficient then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by th3wall27 View Post
    You can expect a few more mails coming in soon once he is on it.

Pro-tip. If you have gmail. Copy your mail. Reply all. And just keep pasting it in. I send them about 300 mails a day. that helps.
    I never heard anything back from Sekano. So I sent another email "to all", and Mark actually gave me a call yesterday asking if I had still not heard anything. The answer was a negative. He said he would follow it up.

I thought that it was only those getting docs certified or grant payments that still use SAPO.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast