Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default SAPO and International Parcels - Not Accepting International Parcels?

So does anyone maybe have an inroad or anything (as highly unlikely as it is) into SAPO and what the hell is going on?

I have 2 x parcels, 1 from the USA and the other from Russia, both of them are stranded as the last communication to their postal services is that we are not accepting parcels. Now the US one I can fend via FedEx or the like (and be prepared to be dry dogged).

The Russian parcel is a bit of an issue, as the shipper doesn't seem keen to send the parcel via a courier service. Is there possibly a freight forwarder or something that someone knows of?

Default Re: SAPO and International Parcels - Not Accepting International Parcels?

Sapo seems to work on the assumption that telling their customers anything is against company policy. Cannot find any info that they have stopped the delivery of parcels currently, last info is from March but then maybe they never restarted it. Why work if you get the same salary for doing squat.

Default Re: SAPO and International Parcels - Not Accepting International Parcels?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    So does anyone maybe have an inroad or anything (as highly unlikely as it is) into SAPO and what the hell is going on?

I have 2 x parcels, 1 from the USA and the other from Russia, both of them are stranded as the last communication to their postal services is that we are not accepting parcels. Now the US one I can fend via FedEx or the like (and be prepared to be dry dogged).

The Russian parcel is a bit of an issue, as the shipper doesn't seem keen to send the parcel via a courier service. Is there possibly a freight forwarder or something that someone knows of?
    Were like in exactly the same boat.

I ordered Early June item through Ebay from Russia. Still no news on my side. The sender even refunded and asked that if I receive just to let him know.

In late July maybe early August I ordered from YoDave which is more Canada then USA. And also no word yet.

If I phone my local post office it just rings. they dont pick up although they are open.

User

SAPO is and has been dysfunctional for some time.

don't ever use the sapo for anything other than a letter if really needed. Courier anything else. The sapo is long time broken

User

While i understand they are dysfunctional... I've known this for ages.
    It doesn't really give me any sort of direction to go with my parcel from Russia, as the seller doesn't want to ship via FedEx or the like, even if I cover the costs.

User

I once had a SAPO issue and found out that complaining to ICASA solved it within two days...I don't have the email address anymore, but did find this one on the SAPO site, so give it a shot.

consumer@icasa.org.za

unfortunately there isn't much option. One of the disadvantages of SA at the moment. If the seller won't send via courier we're pretty screwed

User

I have one parcel from the UK and one from the US. I have complained to ICASA. Waiting on replies but yes complain with ICASA, sapo wont do anything unless you force their hand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    I have one parcel from the UK and one from the US. I have complained to ICASA. Waiting on replies but yes complain with ICASA, sapo wont do anything unless you force their hand.
    What email address did you use?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast