Default Renewal of licences change of section

What is required to change the section of a firearm license?

Two of my licenses that I have renewed have been changed from section 16 to section 15.

Default Re: Renewal of licences change of section

are you wanting to change form 16 to 15 or has it already been done. Or is it because you didn't maintain the 16 requirements?

Renewed one section 13 and two section 16 licences.

Cfr changed the two section 16 licenses to section 15 on their own accord. No change to my dedicated status. Renewal requested they remain under dedicated - ie section 16.

Has anyone needed to change their license from section 15 to 16? What was required to do this?

User

Tried the last time to renew my S13 firearm to S17. Did the endorsements and motivation. Card received was S13.

User

Asked my DFO whether I can do a section change when renewing. Answer was "no" for what it's worth. They reckon I have to first renew and then reapply to change section.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Asked my DFO whether I can do a section change when renewing. Answer was "no" for what it's worth. They reckon I have to first renew and then reapply to change section.
    These DFO’s really are full of it....

I have just renewed my s13 firearm Licence to a s16 Licence. My DFO told me that the only time that it is possible to change section is upon renewal (and if properly motivated for the new section).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk