Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Talking Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

24 Year's of age, residing in Centurion. Did my compentency in October still need to hand in all my documents to my CFO.

I bought a Taurus PT809 yesterday. Thinking of doing everything in one shot. (Competency + Sec 13)

Hopefully early next year I will be able to hit the range :)

Super excited to be part of this Community.

Kind Regards
    Juan

Default Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Juan and welcome to the world of shooting

I don't think you can submit competency and license application in one go. Your competency has to be approved first then apply for the license. Sorry to burst your bubble but with current delays in the process you may only get to the range end of next year. Guys are waiting months and months for competency and licenses

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    Hi Juan and welcome to the world of shooting

I don't think you can submit competency and license application in one go. Your competency has to be approved first then apply for the license. Sorry to burst your bubble but with current delays in the process you may only get to the range end of next year. Guys are waiting months and months for competency and licenses

Thanks Glenn, Damn I definitely had the wrong impression on how the process works. It really sucks that this whole process is so long, hopefully in the future someday it would actually take a month or 2 for Competency and licenses to be granted.

we are all dreaming of those days. But it's worth the wait and you'll learn a lot on this group, there's good guys here. If you get your competency in this year it could take 4-6 months for approval and then you can hand your license application in for another 4-6 months so get the competency in now.

i handed my license application in on the 20th May and still waiting

Welcome!

Damn Glenn, If I may ask what station did you hand your Licences application in? Also Sec 13, 15 or 16?

bothasig in CT for a S15 rifle

User

Hi and welcome!!

You cant do both at the same time, so the sooner you start the better.

Which Taurus did you buy?

I dont want to derail or bash your thread, but did you do research about the specific gun you bought which you wish lo license under section 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Hi and welcome!!

You cant do both at the same time, so the sooner you start the better.

Which Taurus did you buy?

I dont want to derail or bash your thread, but did you do research about the specific gun you bought which you wish lo license under section 13?

Hi Steven,

Thanks, I will be handing in my competency hopefully tomorrow morning or Monday.

I bought the Taurus PT809 17+1 Version 9mm Semi-Auto,

I did a lot of research before i bought my gun, So basically i wanted something i can use at the range, travel with, conceal carry, carry a lot of rounds and be comfortable in my big hands and fun to shoot, The place I bought it from said it should be fine to register it for a Section 13.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast