Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    Dunk what exactly into paraffin??

The entire slide and barrel?

This is not good advice.
    Yup been cleaning like that for years.works great for me. Yes dunk the entire gun stripped in parrafin

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: How Do You Maintain Your EDC Glock

I don't see a problem with this. When cleaning my 10/22 I wash the bolt and recoil spring etc with petrol and a paint brush. Afterwards it gets oiled again. I have washed my 6 shooters with petrol also a few times and once in a while all my bolt action rifles' bolts get washed in petrol and oiled again. I have grown up with washing engine spares of cars in petrol and why then not firearm spares?

Quote Originally Posted by qscwbt View Post
    Yup been cleaning like that for years.works great for me. Yes dunk the entire gun stripped in parrafin
    There is no way that is your EDC gun. Same applies if petrol is used to dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by qscwbt View Post
    Do you wear a clothes peg on your nose when you carry it?

User

Parts and brake cleaner in the tin from Midas works very well and the pressure from the aerosol blows a lot of gunk out of the hard to reach places. Wipe down and lube.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Jip. I have used Carburetor cleaner also a lot for hard to reach places. Works wonders. Blow all the gunk out and evaporates immediately, leaving the metal parts clean and dry and ready for a bit of oil.

User

Take off slide, lube the contact points, replace slide. Repeat when I remember

Would be different if my edc gun was shot as a sports gun

When on the continent I carry a model 36. keep it simple only clean when I fire it about once a month. Never let me down in 27 Yrs. At home shotgun double DB similar.. Keep it simple for simple folks like me.

User

Every 6 months or so I strip it totally down and climb in the shower with an old toothbrush and soap.
    Each part gets cleaned and reassembled, lube on the rail points and a little on the barrel, done.

Only shoot a few rounds a month through it, I would guess it doesnt need cleaning for a year or two but it doesnt hurt.

User

I rinsed mine under a tap when it had mud in it once then went back to shooting

But normally just a wipe and lube the important bits. Scrape out any carbon under the extractor every couple of thousand rounds. No need for break or carb cleaner , paraffin or diesel. At the extreme something like water, clean green and a toothbrush works fine

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast