Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: How Do You Maintain Your EDC Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Cleaned after every range trip with Ballistol, and then lube the points specified by Glock, and then light layer of oil on the slide but make sure you can still grip it (I use some skateboard tape infront of the rear dovetail for more grip).

Then when any dust/lint builds up, I'll wipe the outside with some clean patches and then reapply a slight layer of oil. If there's a lot of lint/dust, unload, field strip and try blow most of it out but usually it's time for a range trip before too much has built up internally.
    I used to use the Glock guide that came with the gun, but have since watched Magill's videos and do it just a little differently.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    The fuck? You serious?

User

I may have a bit of experience running a high round count compitition gun. Don't be a retard and wash it like a dinner plate. Lube it. Wipe down sometimes.

User

I don't clean my guns regularly, but I lubricate them a lot more than cleaning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    I may have a bit of experience running a high round count compitition gun. Don't be a retard and wash it like a dinner plate. Lube it. Wipe down sometimes.
    So are you saying that it will rust from a bit of water and a dry off ? I ran a stainless snubby decades back that was often wet with sweat. It got wiped off with a dry cloth and no oil on the outside. Never rusted. Modern cars dont rust like the old cars. Perhaps I was being a bit flippant but that in no way diminishes the facts that modern guns are very tolerant of user abuse.

User

I carry my G27 against my skin. It is a Glock, after 20 odd years it hasn't shown any rust or perhaps i'm just PH neutral :)

I run a patch through it every not and then and use a old toothbrush to get rid of the lint and then a wipe with a patch soaked with Trisol.

Dunk it in parrafin. Rinse. Wipe down with gun oil. Grease the metal to metal parts

User

Quote Originally Posted by qscwbt View Post
    Dunk it in parrafin. Rinse. Wipe down with gun oil. Grease the metal to metal parts
    Dunk what exactly into paraffin??

The entire slide and barrel?

This is not good advice.

User

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I fieldstrip it. Check the inside of the barrel to be obtrusion free. Dust / brush of all the parts inside and out with a soft toothbrush to get rid of dust/sand/lint. Lightly oil it on the spots as recommended by Glock. Assemble it, dry fire it a few times and that is it. I never oil or wash the outside of the slide. Sometimes the grip gets full of mud and other gunk. If the dry toothbrush cannot get it clean a small wet brush and soap is used on the exterior of the "plastic."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast