Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: How Do You Maintain Your EDC Glock

Whenever I dryfire or pratcice I brush of the odd lint or fluff that is in and around the slide etc. I also oil and clean as the Glock manual tells me to, however........ I've had the FA for 2 years and carry daily and found that on the back of the slide that is touching my skin (AIWB) there is signs of pitting (small corrosion holes). That area has been seeing a lot more love in the past year, cleaning it with a earbud and then leaving some gun oil on that specific spot for 5 min or so. I've had it at the retailer where I bought the firearm, with no help what so ever, took it to my Local Gun shop, and they applied some Perma Blue on the spot, and never had to worry about that again. I do inspect it regularly, and it seems fine now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Slipie View Post
    Whenever I dryfire or pratcice I brush of the odd lint or fluff that is in and around the slide etc. I also oil and clean as the Glock manual tells me to, however........ I've had the FA for 2 years and carry daily and found that on the back of the slide that is touching my skin (AIWB) there is signs of pitting (small corrosion holes). That area has been seeing a lot more love in the past year, cleaning it with a earbud and then leaving some gun oil on that specific spot for 5 min or so. I've had it at the retailer where I bought the firearm, with no help what so ever, took it to my Local Gun shop, and they applied some Perma Blue on the spot, and never had to worry about that again. I do inspect it regularly, and it seems fine now.

Use EEZOX on out side of gun apply sparingly and let dry.

Anyone know where I can buy a needle applicator bottle I can use to apply oil when lubricating.

I bought a bunch of eye-dropper bottles and they work better than a standard bottle but nothing like a needle applicator. Just looking for the empty bottle as I have plenty of oil.

User

Plastic world

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Plastic world
    Thank you!

User

I sweat something that could possibly etch diamonds. EDC guns for the last 30 years got eaten to some extent regardless of material or finish. I eventually landed on cleaning with Eds Red, contact point (i.e. metal to metal wear spots) lubing and then an application of the same wax I use on my OU field guns stock to the exterior with a buff afterwards. Even on parts of the slide where holsters have worth through the finish to bear metal this works as long as I repeat it monthly or so. The light residue of wax also has the advantage of increasing traction on the slide without being rough.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Get Slip 2000 Gun Wipes from Hailstorm. Very convenient and easy.
    https://www.slip2000.com/slip2000_gunwipes.php

( for what it is worth, I have a a G21SF that has just cleared 10K rounds and have NEVER been cleaned and and no springs replaced ) .

I think you are overly cautious about your "precious" because of the newness to it. ( I assume and can be wrong).
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Get Slip 2000 Gun Wipes from Hailstorm. Very convenient and easy.
    https://www.slip2000.com/slip2000_gunwipes.php

( for what it is worth, I have a a G21SF that has just cleared 10K rounds and have NEVER been cleaned and and no springs replaced ) .

I think you are overly cautious about your "precious" because of the newness to it. ( I assume and can be wrong).
    Better think about replacing those springs sooner rather than later me thinks :)

Anyway not sure if you are responding to my post, but I want the needle applicator for the rails on the slide as the "put a drop on the top and let gravity do it's job" isn't full proof, and you don't want dry rails.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Anyone know where I can buy a needle applicator bottle I can use to apply oil when lubricating.

I bought a bunch of eye-dropper bottles and they work better than a standard bottle but nothing like a needle applicator. Just looking for the empty bottle as I have plenty of oil.
    I use a Centurion gate motor gearbox oil bottle where I glued a green injection needle in to reduce the hole size. To shorten the needle and blunt the tip, I pushed a single strand of electrical wire in the needle before cutting it shorter. After the cut you then remove the piece of wire. You have to squeeze the bottle quite a bit to get a drop of oil out but then the drop goes where I want it to go.

I bought mine from Shooting Stuff. Work very well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast