Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Glock 19 gen 4 red dot site advice needed

Vortex and deltapoint have good guarantees but they are both prone to break. So they cost you a match and then you wait and they replace your optic, might be even months for replacement.

Buy Trijicon, Holosun, aimpoint Acro or even Shield. If you shoot sport in a more serious fashion have a spare optic or ultimately a spare gun with an optic.

if its for self defense, get nothing other than RMR or aimpoint Acro with co-witness sights.

This is my personal opinion, other people have other philosophies about optics. My views are risk based and to mitigate the risk as far as in your control. A cheap optic is like buying a Chinese brand car with an unlimited guarantee but they don’t give you a courtesy car and it takes forever for them to fix your car.

User

But isn't RMR made in China?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    But isn't RMR made in China?
    Everything is made in China

User

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post
    Vortex and deltapoint have good guarantees but they are both prone to break. So they cost you a match and then you wait and they replace your optic, might be even months for replacement.

Buy Trijicon, Holosun, aimpoint Acro or even Shield. If you shoot sport in a more serious fashion have a spare optic or ultimately a spare gun with an optic.

This is my personal opinion, other people have other philosophies about optics. My views are risk based and to mitigate the risk as far as in your control. A cheap optic is like buying a Chinese brand car with an unlimited guarantee but they don’t give you a courtesy car and it takes forever for them to fix your car.
    I share this train of thought, it is the same with people who recommend obscure brands (Beretta, FN, H&K) which have zero aftermarket support in SA for first time self defence owners, based on online reviews of people/paid influences in the US where the brands have average aftermarket support. Unfortunately we are in Africa not the US, the guarantee means nothing if you are without a RDS for few months because it has to go back to the US to be assessed!

There is a reason why those in the know (US trainers and LE with solid reputations) recommend Trijicon and Holosun 95% of the time! Durability > Guarantees

User

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post
    Everything is made in China

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury1 View Post
    Hi

I am uneducated with regards to red dot sights.

I am thinking of either a

holoson 507c

Sig romeo01 reflex sght Blk

Trijicon rmr type 2 MOA

Which would the the best ?

Also what would i need to know?

Why the big price differences?

I dont want any cutting involved i understand there are connector plates or such.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    Keep in mind that putting a dot onb your carry gun (Or any handgun) will NOT make you a better shooter, but THOUSANDS of rounds of practice with it and a few red dot courses (BigT) will eventually able you to use the RDS proficiently, and then the sky is the limit in terms of accuracy

User

https://www.trijicon.com/our-story/about-trijicon

Trijicon made in USA.

RMR and Holosun are good RDS if this is your route. I would go Milled as it sits lower.

Check with MRST as they were making their own plates for non MOS older gems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Just checked my SRO on my Canik TP9 elite combat....and the plate that connects to the slide is looseafter 1200 rounds...my 19x with a dove tail plate has 13000 rounds with a vortex venom on is still perfect...friend that I shot with in a competition on Saturday says hes Delta Point came loose and it looks like the threads on the slide are damaged (he had hes slide cut on hes Glock 17). Another friend of mine had hes SRO land on the ground during last years 3rd round of the nationals on a stage with the threads stripped out of the dove tail plate on hes shadow 2...

I will be checking it after every shoot from now on...I think if I had left it it would have damaged the threads....I always use blue lock tight on all the screws....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Keep in mind that putting a dot onb your carry gun (Or any handgun) will NOT make you a better shooter, but THOUSANDS of rounds of practice with it and a few red dot courses (BigT) will eventually able you to use the RDS proficiently, and then the sky is the limit in terms of accuracy
    Of course 1000s of rounds and a training course will make you better. But I found an immediate improvement when I put my dot on. And there's a link on the trijicon website to an independent university study that showed an average of a 25% improvement for shooters regardless of their skill level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2