Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Daniel Defense DDM4V7s?

GK21 - many thanks!!!

Some great info there - much appreciated.
    It is my intention to become far more involved in sport shooting. During Covid, I reassessed my hobbies and what gives me true enjoyment. Guns, Guns, Guns - Shooting guns, making things go bang, making holes in paper, make steel ring, cleaning and tinkering with my guns, the smell of gun oil, the smell of spent cases, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS all topped my list every time.

I have also been to the range almost every weekend over the last 4 months and have probably shot more ammo this year than in the last 10 years combined. My learning curve has been steep but truly enjoyable. My confidence and ability (accuracy & consistency) has improved 10 fold. My 11 yr old son, has also become extremely proficient and safe with all types of firearms.
    I am relooking at all my firearms, tweaking the ones that I can to be more "sports" orientated, getting rid of the ones that have less use (safe queens) and filling the gaps in my sports requirements.

I will definitely take note of your strap advice....

I do foresee a trip to JHB soon to really be able to make a good decision on the AR that fits my needs and am very keen on DD AR's.
    As they say - Buy and cry at the price but only once!

User

Some of the cheaper Ambi Safeties have the same length lever left and right. I've had that same problem as a Right Hand Shooter. My solutions on my guns were to either just run a single sided safety. It's easy enough to manipulate with your thumb, if you keep it on the palm side of your grip (if you're left handed), or to run a decent Ambi. My choice is either a Radian, or Noveske, used both and they both work well, but there are other options out that are probably easier to get locally.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Some of the cheaper Ambi Safeties have the same length lever left and right. I've had that same problem as a Right Hand Shooter. My solutions on my guns were to either just run a single sided safety. It's easy enough to manipulate with your thumb, if you keep it on the palm side of your grip (if you're left handed), or to run a decent Ambi. My choice is either a Radian, or Noveske, used both and they both work well, but there are other options out that are probably easier to get locally.
    Some of the more expensive Ambi Safeties have the same length left and right Levers for strong side and support side manipulation commonality - like Timney.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4