Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Daniel Defense DDM4V7s?

You guys reckon I'm wasting my time going 11.5?

User

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    You guys reckon I'm wasting my time going 11.5?
    What do you want to do with it? If it is for Ipsc Idpa then you will struggle to make minimum factor.

Bit of 3 gun, but mostly general use.

User

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Bit of 3 gun, but mostly general use.
    Daniel Defense V7 Pro. Trust me on this. Or the V7, but that does not come with the Geiselle Super Dynamic 3G trigger, no Daniel Defense muzzle break, no 18” barrel with rifle length gas system.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GK21 View Post
    Daniel Defense V7 Pro. Trust me on this. Or the V7, but that does not come with the Geiselle Super Dynamic 3G trigger, no Daniel Defense muzzle break, no 18” barrel with rifle length gas system.
    Guess it also comes down to Budget too... the V7 Pro is a very nice gun, but a fair amount more than the V7.

User

General use is extremely vague. The general uses of most AR15s in my circle are DMG and IPSC rifle, for which you would want > 14.5" at least.

I suggest you go to the sport you want to compete in and see what those who are doing well are using

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Guess it also comes down to Budget too... the V7 Pro is a very nice gun, but a fair amount more than the V7.

Yes it is more expensive. However not that much more expensive as you would think. When I bought my V7P it was only about R3k more than the V7. However I considered that a bargain because it came with the Geiselle trigger which alone is about R5-R6k and the Daniel Defense muzzle break (which costs about R2-R3k). That's not to mention the 18' barrel, ambi safeties etc. So it seemed to me to be worth the extra since if you're going to do 3Gun, you're probably going to install a Geiselle and a muzzle break anyway.

But of course, it all depends on budget. Make no mistake the V7 is fantastic too. In fact as far as I'm concerned anything Daniel Defense is fantastic (albeit pricey). I have two DD rifles and both have been tanks.

User

What’s the approximate price on the V7P?

We don’t get anything like that in PE, in fact, none of the GS carry AR stock or accessories. Very difficult to choose and buy your 1st AR when selecting out a catalogue.

On a side note...
    I have shot a few AR’s with ambi safety’s, which is great for a left dominant shooter but all the safety’s catch the palm of my hand and are rather uncomfortable after a prolonged period on the gun. Is this normal or is this a setup issue on the AR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    WhatÂ’s the approximate price on the V7P?

We donÂ’t get anything like that in PE, in fact, none of the GS carry AR stock or accessories. Very difficult to choose and buy your 1st AR when selecting out a catalogue.

On a side note...
    I have shot a few ARÂ’s with ambi safetyÂ’s, which is great for a left dominant shooter but all the safetyÂ’s catch the palm of my hand and are rather uncomfortable after a prolonged period on the gun. Is this normal or is this a setup issue on the AR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're quite correct that you cannot buy out of a catalogue. I recommend you go to Pewpew Tactical on the internet. They have a good write up on everything AR - the good, the bad and the ugly.

You will of course hear opinions from everywhere, but I've found that unless you actually compete regularly in DMG, IPSC rifle and 3Gun Nation and actually speak from experience - there is a lot of bullshit out there and a lot of armchair warriors. Of course, I'm speaking from a sport perspective and not actual combat. A good example is the endless debate on slings and whether a one point is better than a two point attachment. From a sports perspective (or even reading books by guys who are ex combat), it appears to me that a two point is a must. Run for the first time with a single point sling and having AR hitting your nuts and swinging between your legs whilst you're trying to sprint and you'll understand what I'm saying. I am an active dedicated sports shooter (we shoot competition almost every weekend) and speak from experience on that score. Of course, if you're wearing a plate carrier, a one point might be better (although I still think two point). I don't want to get into a debate on that. I'm just using that as an example of why its best to listen to those who actually use the AR.

I bought my V7 Pro from Hailstorm for R40k, but that was about 2 years ago. I'm not sure of their pricing now. Probably about R45k - R50k (depending on the rand-dollar exchange). However, at the time I reckoned that if one takes off the cost of the Geiselle and the muzzle-break, you are actually paying R30k for a Daniel Defense - which is a bargain for a top tier AR.

As for the ambi issue for lefties, I too am a leftie (next step in evolution apparently) but because I'm right eye dominant I shoot rifles off the right shoulder so I can't comment on the issue of the ambi safety. However, I can't quite understand how the safety can be catching the palm of your hand on either side (unless you have Sasquatch size hands?). The problem might be that the safety on the left side of the rifle (the one used by the righties) is usually much bigger than the safety on the other side (used by the lefties) and this might be the problem. You might have to try find a very small right handed safety to drop in there but that might be difficult.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast