Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: EFF Brackenfell High saga

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Yeah if that day comes I wonder if the ANC will give up power or we will go the way of Zimbabwe.
    As for Zimbabwe I believe they are still in Level 4 lockdown... People must be dying like flies, I mean life was tough before covid but now getting a meal must be desperate. Living in rural areas is probably the best as you can still grow something to eat. Cities must be a nightmare.

Yet still, nobody is willing to stand up

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Yet still, nobody is willing to stand up
    Are you talking by force? If so, they fought for freedom once, maybe they don't have any fight left in them, or don't want what comes with a civil war.

How much worse will a civil war be than the current scenario they face. Army vs the people. Not a good place to be. Do they even have access to weapons, will any opposition be out down easily.

Remember what happened in the 1980s, Mugabe slaughtered thousands and the current regime is no better.

User

Are you talking by force? If so, they fought for freedom once, maybe they don't have any fight left in them, or don't want what comes with a civil war.

How much worse will a civil war be than the current scenario they face. Army vs the people. Not a good place to be. Do they even have access to weapons, will any opposition be out down easily.

Remember what happened in the 1980s, Mugabe slaughtered thousands and the current regime is no better.
    Already starving
    Already being shot in the street by the army

I would say in RSA, when hunger sets in, the knives come out

Zim population can either continue to suffer, or try and force a change of regime, It's not communist China.

Funny though how SADC does nothing, political parties here do and say nothing (Forget Swaziland and it's ministers fleeing to RSA for covid treatment)

But good golly, let farmers protest, or let parents protest....... paints picture of total fear of minorities in RSA.

The ANC have nothing to offer other than liberation mentality politics. To make this work, they need to keep the population in a victim mentality mindset, so they push the race card at every opportunity.
    You can't really compare what was going on in Zim before independence with SA.

User

Yeah if that day comes I wonder if the ANC will give up power or we will go the way of Zimbabwe.As for Zimbabwe I believe they are still in Level 4 lockdown... People must be dying like flies, I mean life was tough before covid but now getting a meal must be desperate. Living in rural areas is probably the best as you can still grow something to eat. Cities must be a nightmare.
    I just had a staff member return from Harare last week. I asked how's the Rona situation there. She says meh business as usual nothing drastic or different to life as usual. Maybe she is down playing it but she didn't seem bothered

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6