Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Thank you Safari & Outdoor

As I am waiting for my firearm license application to be approved (and which has been delayed in part because of the Wuhan Virus Epidemic, which makes government officials lazy and unwilling to work) I received a welcome message from Safari & Outdoor. I received a grace period of two months on the payment of storage fees due to the Wuhan Epidemic.

Thank you for your excellent service and consideration for the difficulties and disruption of the normal way of life caused by the Pandemic.

User

Default Re: Thank you Safari & Outdoor

I did not know they charge storage. It is mos a new weapon right?

Does storage start the day you buy it or from a year onward?

Nothing about storage fees in the paperwork for the firearms I have waiting with them this year.

Maybe its a new thing they are introducing ?? And now "extending" the period

Banned

If memory serves correct one has a given time (x amount of months) to get a license, thereafter one pays storage fees.

SO gives you a year free storage - just bought from them and this is what they told me

Man, I just looked at the T&Cs on my invoice when this topic came up and I'm starting to regret buying from them (not S&O).

4. A handling fee of 50% will be levied if the SAPS should refuse a licence to own a weapon.
    A handeling fee of up to 100% will be levied in the event of a transaction being cancelled without written proof of refusal by the SAPS.
    5. If proof of license is not recieved within 12 months, the transaction may be cancelled by ************* and a handling fee of 30% plus storage fees may be charged.
    Am I understanding the above correct.

- That with regards to point 4 if you paid say R12500 for a Glock 17, that you will have to pay R6250 if your license is refused? I hope that is not the frikken case.
    - And with regards to point 5, if you don't have proof (is that an actual license, or just that it has been approved I wonder) of license within 12 months you pay R3750 handling fee, plus storage?

Do all stores operate like this, I wasn't told upfront about this, just on the invoice. Imagine having your license denied and having to pay R6250 on top of that all for fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Man, I just looked at the T&Cs on my invoice when this topic came up and I'm starting to regret buying from them (not S&O).

Am I understanding the above correct.

- That with regards to point 4 if you paid say R12500 for a Glock 17, that you will have to pay R6250 if your license is refused? I hope that is not the frikken case.
    - And with regards to point 5, if you don't have proof (is that an actual license, or just that it has been approved I wonder) of license within 12 months you pay R3750 handling fee, plus storage?

Do all stores operate like this, I wasn't told upfront about this, just on the invoice. Imagine having your license denied and having to pay R6250 on top of that all for fresh air.
    Wow. I really hope not...Strangely ambiguous wording for Ts&Cs. I'd hope they mean 50% of the normal handling fee (R100/month or whatever it is). I'm popping in to one of their stores tomorrow/Monday and can ask for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by WessonCountry View Post
    Wow. I really hope not...Strangely ambiguous wording for Ts&Cs. I'd hope they mean 50% of the normal handling fee (R100/month or whatever it is). I'm popping in to one of their stores tomorrow/Monday and can ask for clarification.
    It was Wildman, not S&O.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    It was Wildman, not S&O.
    Apologies. Think you're OK though, handling should refer to storage.

On SO, they're brilliant in general, but don't explain a whole lot when buying, which is fine. Up to us to read the fine print, I guess.

Its to protect themselves. Both gun shops (not S&O) I bought from asked me to give them proof of license application with in 6 months then they wont charge me storing fees. The one shop said they had guns there bought 5 years ago that has not been claimed yet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast