Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Thank you Safari & Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by AndreVal View Post
    Its to protect themselves. Both gun shops (not S&O) I bought from asked me to give them proof of license application with in 6 months then they wont charge me storing fees. The one shop said they had guns there bought 5 years ago that has not been claimed yet
    If I may ask, did you already have your competency when they asked this? Would be a bit unfair if they did given current waiting times

Quote Originally Posted by WessonCountry View Post
    Apologies. Think you're OK though, handling should refer to storage.

On SO, they're brilliant in general, but don't explain a whole lot when buying, which is fine. Up to us to read the fine print, I guess.
    Ah I hope you're right, it's just that I hardly ever return stuff but the one time I did it was for a guitar amp and they charged a percentage of the price so wasn't sure if this was the same. If it's storage well that I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ah I hope you're right, it's just that I hardly ever return stuff but the one time I did it was for a guitar amp and they charged a percentage of the price so wasn't sure if this was the same. If it's storage well that I can handle.
    I've heard the chaps at Wildman are generally good folks, if the worst happens just chat to a salesman/manager and I'm sure they'll understand and suspend that 50%.

If not. I'll join in solidarity by not buying a rifle from them.

I've heard the chaps at Wildman are generally good folks, if the worst happens just chat to a salesman/manager and I'm sure they'll understand and suspend that 50%.

If not. I'll join in solidarity by not buying a rifle from them.
    Yeah I've only had good friendly service from them both their Centurion and Durbanville stores.

User

Apologies. Think you're OK though, handling should refer to storage.

On SO, they're brilliant in general, but don't explain a whole lot when buying, which is fine. Up to us to read the fine print, I guess.
    But wouldn't it be better for them to put it in BOLD and explain it beforehand? It is easy to say you must read and understand the fine print but if you are not very well versed in "legalese" then somebody can write a lot of stuff which a normal "non-legalezed" person like me, struggle to understand. I can throw a lot of electrical terms around and say sorry you should have read the fine print etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    If memory serves correct one has a given time (x amount of months) to get a license, thereafter one pays storage fees.
    Correct. If it takes longer than a year from purchase you agree to storage fees. To explain the reasons for the delay between my purchase, my application etc it is complicated but it involves waiting for paperwork for my application and the coming of a certain virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    But wouldn't it be better for them to put it in BOLD and explain it beforehand? It is easy to say you must read and understand the fine print but if you are not very well versed in "legalese" then somebody can write a lot of stuff which a normal "non-legalezed" person like me, struggle to understand. I can throw a lot of electrical terms around and say sorry you should have read the fine print etc.
    100% with you, pal. Just don't want to be too harsh on SO, because I've had good experiences with them (admittedly, depending on the salesperson/RO).

There should be consumer protections in place under the CP Act to prevent this sort of abuse.

User

Isn't the funny part in that you generally only get the fine details and terms on an invoice or receipt only after they have had you pay...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Isn't the funny part in that you generally only get the fine details and terms on an invoice or receipt only after they have had you pay...
    Yeah, they need to cut that shit out and actually talk to you. But I get the sense the salesmen are under pressure, they had no interest when I asked for a gun from another branch

User

100% with you, pal. Just don't want to be too harsh on SO, because I've had good experiences with them (admittedly, depending on the salesperson/RO).

There should be consumer protections in place under the CP Act to prevent this sort of abuse.
    I think there are always reasons for a decision to add a clause like this, like somebody bought a gun, paid for it and haven't apllied for the license yet after 2 years. Bliksem even before I paid for a new gun, I want it on my name and in my safe so that I can spend a ton of money on ammo and use it. You get strange people out there with money to waste, a guy bought a pistol from my dad and paid R2000 dep and after 4 years he haven't aplied for the license yet. Eish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast