Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Thank you Safari & Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I think there are always reasons for a decision to add a clause like this, like somebody bought a gun, paid for it and haven't apllied for the license yet after 2 years. Bliksem even before I paid for a new gun, I want it on my name and in my safe so that I can spend a ton of money on ammo and use it. You get strange people out there with money to waste, a guy bought a pistol from my dad and paid R2000 dep and after 4 years he haven't aplied for the license yet. Eish
    So it's still in your ol man's name? Yoh.

My 9mm is in range jail, but visitations are plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by WessonCountry View Post
    If I may ask, did you already have your competency when they asked this? Would be a bit unfair if they did given current waiting times
    Already had my competencies yes. I only purchased after it was approved. This was also 2/3 years back when the waiting times was more "decent"

Quote Originally Posted by AndreVal View Post
    Already had my competencies yes. I only purchased after it was approved. This was also 2/3 years back when the waiting times was more "decent"
    That makes sense and 6 months is fair if you’ve got your competency. Have see. Quite a few gunstore replies to negative google reviews saying the person complaining made no effort to get a license so clearly an issue for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

The shop in Pretoria that I bought my Creedmoor from is 24 months. For the life of me I cant remember the name of the shop. Not to worry. I still have the receipt.

User

Purchased firearms from both SO and tactical 22 (now tactical hq) and collected after 18 months.... neither charged any storage.

SO advises 12 months and they did call me around the 12 month mark to enquire if I have applied... but all was good when I showed them the proof.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3