Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Bonded PDX1 Personal Protection Ammunition

I found this on Tactical forums hope we get it here basically a civilian version of the new FBI duty load.

Winchester Announces Bonded PDX1 Personal Protection Ammunition

The new Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1, which was chosen by the FBI as their primary service round, is now available in a full line of popular handgun calibers. The PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats. The new Winchester Bonded PDX is offered in 9 mm, 40 Smith & Wesson, 45 automatic and .38 special.

Winchester Bonded PDX1 technology is superior to competitive personal protection loads with features that include:

· Proprietary bonding process-Welds lead and jacket together to work as a unit controlling expansion and providing superior retained weight.

· Hollow point-Works with the bonding process for outstanding performance through tough barriers and impact velocities/ranges.

· Jacket notching-Six segments help promote positive, consistent and programmed expansion at a variety of impact velocities.

· Copper alloy jacket-Contoured for maximum upset over a wide range of velocities/ranges.

· Nickel plated shellcase-Helps ensure positive gun function through smooth chambering and shellcase ejection.

Offerings:
    S9MMPDB: 9mm Luger +P, 124g, JHP Bonded
    S9MMPDB1: 9mm Luger, 147g, JHP Bonded
    S40SWPDB: 40 S&W, 165g, JHP Bonded
    S40SWPDB1: 40 S&W, 180g, JHP Bonded
    S45PDB: 45 Auto, 230g, JHP Bonded
    S38PDB: 38 Special +P, 130g, JHP Bonded

For more information about Winchester® Ammunition and its complete line of products, visit www.winchester.com.

Winchester is Proud to be a Leader in the Shooting Sports

Winchester® Ammunition has been the exclusive ammunition sponsor of the USA Shooting Shotgun Team since 1999. The mission of the USA Shooting organization is to prepare American athletes to win Olympic medals, promote the shooting sports throughout the United States and influence other shooters to become interested in international competitions. Winchester has taken the initiative to become a leader in advancing and supporting conservation, hunter education and our country's proud shooting sports heritage. To receive more information about the U.S. Shooting Team, visit www.usashooting.org.

Media Contact:
    Jonathan Harling, Chevalier Advertising (803) 640-2942

User

Default Re: Bonded PDX1 Personal Protection Ammunition

Some results I found comparing The Ranger Bonded to the Ranger T. Winchester agents please please please please bring this in.

Ranger Talon:
    9mm 147gr(990fps): (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 13.9”/.65”
    Through Denim: 14.5”/.66”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 14”/.66”
    Through Wallboard: 15”/.67”
    Through Plywood: 14.8”/.62”
    Through Steel: 17”/.45”
    Through Auto Glass: 10.8”/.52”

Ranger Bonded:
    9mm 147gr(995)BONDED: (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 14.7”/.62”
    Through Denim: 16.5”/.59”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 15.8”/.58”
    Through Wallboard: 16.7”/.56”
    Through Plywood: 16.5”/.59”
    Through Steel: 19”/.42”
    Through Auto Glass: 12.6”/.55”

Ranger Talon:
    .357sig 125gr(1350fps): (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 10.9”/.63”
    Through Denim: 12.1”/.66”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 10.7”/.69”
    Through Wallboard: 15.4”/.48”
    Through Plywood: 12.2”/.66”
    Through Steel: 23.4”/.41”
    Through Auto Glass: 10.3”/.49”

Ranger Bonded:
    .357sig 125gr(1350fps)BONDED: (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 12.5”/.59”
    Through Denim: 15.9”/.57”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 16.9”/.55”
    Through Wallboard: 14.7”/.62”
    Through Plywood: 16.0”/.60”
    Through Steel: 21.7”/.44”
    Through Auto Glass: 12.8”/.62”

Ranger Talon:
    .40S&W 180gr(990fps): (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 13.8”/.60”
    Through Denim: 14.3”/.70”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 13.4”/.64”
    Through Wallboard: 13.1”/.66”
    Through Plywood: 15.1”/.64”
    Through Steel: 17”/.52”
    Through Auto Glass: 12”/.61”

Ranger Bonded:
    .40S&W 180gr(1070fps)BONDED: (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 14.8”/.67”
    Through Denim: 21.8”/.51”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 19”/.59”
    Through Wallboard: 16.7”/.61”
    Through Plywood: 15.5”/.62”
    Through Steel: 14.8”/.55”
    Through Auto Glass: 12.4”/.63

Ranger Talon:
    .45acp 230gr(905fps): (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 11.6”/.75”
    Through Denim: 12.7”/.72”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 12.3”/.75”
    Through Wallboard: 15.2”/.69”
    Through Plywood: 18”/.453”
    Through Steel: 16.5”/.53”
    Through Auto Glass: 12”/.58”

Ranger Bonded:
    45acp 230gr(905fps)BONDED: (Penetration/Expansion)
    Bare Gel: 14”/.73”
    Through Denim: 15.8”/.67”
    Through Heavy Cloth: 15.8”/.68”
    Through Wallboard: 14.7”/.69”
    Through Plywood: 16.5”/.74”
    Through Steel: 14.8”/.56”
    Through Auto Glass: 12.5”/.66”

User

yes please i beg the win agent to bring it in!

Who are the Winchester agents? Could we send them an email enquiring about it, and maybe get some names together and see how many guys would be interested and copy that in?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Maybe an Ammo petition from all the interested Gunsite members to the importers/suppliers? ;D

Best I can tell, this will just be re-boxed Ranger T bonded put up in 20rd. / 25rd. boxes and sold to the commercial market at higher prices, but I could be wrong. All I can find out about it now is the single press release. I just managed to get in an order for 500rd. of the Ranger T bonded 147gr +P for $195 + shipping...not a bad price considering the ammo buying frenzy going on at the moment. Unfortunately that is not shipped to SA, but to my house in the states. Either way it will be fine SD ammo I am sure.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    I found this on Tactical forums hope we get it here basically a civilian version of the new FBI duty load.

Winchester Announces Bonded PDX1 Personal Protection Ammunition

The new Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1, which was chosen by the FBI as their primary service round, is now available in a full line of popular handgun calibers. The PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats. The new Winchester Bonded PDX is offered in 9 mm, 40 Smith & Wesson, 45 automatic and .38 special.

Winchester Bonded PDX1 technology is superior to competitive personal protection loads with features that include:

· Proprietary bonding process-Welds lead and jacket together to work as a unit controlling expansion and providing superior retained weight.

· Hollow point-Works with the bonding process for outstanding performance through tough barriers and impact velocities/ranges.

· Jacket notching-Six segments help promote positive, consistent and programmed expansion at a variety of impact velocities.

· Copper alloy jacket-Contoured for maximum upset over a wide range of velocities/ranges.

· Nickel plated shellcase-Helps ensure positive gun function through smooth chambering and shellcase ejection.

Offerings:
    S9MMPDB: 9mm Luger +P, 124g, JHP Bonded
    S9MMPDB1: 9mm Luger, 147g, JHP Bonded
    S40SWPDB: 40 S&W, 165g, JHP Bonded
    S40SWPDB1: 40 S&W, 180g, JHP Bonded
    S45PDB: 45 Auto, 230g, JHP Bonded
    S38PDB: 38 Special +P, 130g, JHP Bonded

For more information about Winchester® Ammunition and its complete line of products, visit www.winchester.com.

Winchester is Proud to be a Leader in the Shooting Sports

Winchester® Ammunition has been the exclusive ammunition sponsor of the USA Shooting Shotgun Team since 1999. The mission of the USA Shooting organization is to prepare American athletes to win Olympic medals, promote the shooting sports throughout the United States and influence other shooters to become interested in international competitions. Winchester has taken the initiative to become a leader in advancing and supporting conservation, hunter education and our country's proud shooting sports heritage. To receive more information about the U.S. Shooting Team, visit www.usashooting.org.

Media Contact:
    Jonathan Harling, Chevalier Advertising (803) 640-2942
    If this is the Winchester Ranger Bonded round, then it has been around for a while and if it is indeed the Ranger Bonded round, then it is NOT the Ranger T line (SXT).
    I seriously doubt Wincehster would allow any Ranger ammo to be shipped here, hence the 'Supreme' Line. As Ikor said, it will probably be boxed in 20's and sold at a premium.
    Give me the Speer Golddots any day over those...

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    I seriously doubt Wincehster would allow any Ranger ammo to be shipped here, hence the 'Supreme' Line. As Ikor said, it will probably be boxed in 20's and sold at a premium.
    Its not in the ranger line, regardless of the bullet's origins. Its in the supreme line, as I understand it. Therefore, there should be no reason why it cannot be exported. Particularly in the light of the fact that it is specifically for civilian use.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Its not in the ranger line, regardless of the bullet's origins. Its in the supreme line, as I understand it. Therefore, there should be no reason why it cannot be exported. Particularly in the light of the fact that it is specifically for civilian use.
    I agree...I think WW deliberately has packaged this and marked it for the civilian market. I can also say for about 99% sure that the round adopted by the Bureau is, indeed, the Ranger T bonded. (I know for certain they did adopt it, but cannot say for a certainly that they did not change recently to a 'Supreme' bonded load, but I would bet good money they have not.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

It is my understanding that it is the exact same loads as the Ranger bonded line just in 20 Supreme boxes. Less ammo more money ;D. I understand that the FBI rated the 40 180gr Bonded as the most impressive load tested to date

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast