Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Stamp ID on pistol

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Bit of a party trick this, but it can also be used to make lettering stand out much better. If you have a weapon, and you want the Ruger .270 or 1918 stamp to stand out better, you choose a color wax crayon you want letters to be and rub the crayon over the letters and into the letters.Clean up the surrounding area. To make it semi permanent (can be cleaned off/out with acetone) you take a flame to surface and burn the wax crayon. The crayon melts into the recess and paints to the surfaces. You then take a smooth cloth or even you fingers and rub fast over the letters till its rubbed off the smooth but left in the indents.

For reading stamps this works well when correct colors are used.
    If your weapon is a bit bland in your opinion, like the satin finished S/S Ruger I have, I chose the Ruger Red color and did The Ruger Eagle as per trade mark. After rubbing briskly with a cloth the red stayed just in the 90 Deg deep corners of the stamp creating a shadow like red edging. I felt a bit childish doing it, but was very impressed with the end result.
    Actually forgot about doing this, even though asked so many times how I achieved the result.
    Thanks for the info.

Default Re: Stamp ID on pistol

Found the time today to check the year of manufacture on my pistol.

According to the table it was made in 1976 (U.1) although it looks like
    it was made last week. Incredible that a gun could be so well looked after for
    all these years.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2