Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Snagged a German made, High Cap, Poly Frame 9mm yesterday in the middle of the crazy.

Congrats

Now you need to try find the shoulder stock for it :-)

Default Re: Snagged a German made, High Cap, Poly Frame 9mm yesterday in the middle of the crazy.

Super cool snag!

User

Congrats!!!

My wife also have one in her collection. We even competed against each other in an IDPA club match. She beat me fair and squire. I was shooting my 1942 Luger P08.
    Yes, you can get used to the trigger. And the weird sights. And the missing slide-lock feature. And the heel magazine release.

Still a great pistol to own in a collection. She has three magazines for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Congrats!!!

My wife also have one in her collection. We even competed against each other in an IDPA club match. She beat me fair and squire. I was shooting my 1942 Luger P08.
    Yes, you can get used to the trigger. And the weird sights. And the missing slide-lock feature. And the heel magazine release.

Still a great pistol to own in a collection. She has three magazines for it.
    yeah, the trigger sucks on it. But like I said, Wolff Springs makes a 5.5lbs Striker Spring for it so that should make the trigger a little better. I have two extra mags on order so I'll have four. For this, that's more than enough since it will never be a duty or carry piece for me. It is strictly a range toy.
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    yeah, the trigger sucks on it. But like I said, Wolff Springs makes a 5.5lbs Striker Spring for it so that should make the trigger a little better. I have two extra mags on order so I'll have four. For this, that's more than enough since it will never be a duty or carry piece for me. It is strictly a range toy.
    A nice-to-have, essentially. Slightly off topic, what's your agency issued duty load (JHP)?

User

Luis, how are you enjoying retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    A nice-to-have, essentially. Slightly off topic, what's your agency issued duty load (JHP)?
    My last agency was kinda hectic in issuing ammo. Basically it was whatever they could get the cheapest.

One qual session I was issued Winchester Ranger SXT 147gr JHP, then the following qual it was Remington Golden Saber 124gg JHP, then the one after that it was Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P, then back to the Winchester Ranger SXT. My last load was Speer's new Gold Dot G2 124gr +P. And that was all 9mm.... previously they issued .40 S&W. Same deal, they went with whatever they could get their hands on.
    New Wave Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Luis, how are you enjoying retirement?
    It's okay.... but I'm kinds bouncing off the walls at the moment. I'm bored. and itching to do something but COVID-19 has everything all jacked up on the job market.
    New Wave Firearms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2