Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Opinions: Jordan Peterson

What are your opinion on Jordan Peterson?
    He is a Psychologist and bestselling author from Canada. He is known for his defence of freedom of speech and opposition to political correctness, in particular gender ideology. He is mentioned a lot on many of the forums and news sources I frequent, and his opinions seem well argued. But I have not yet read any of his books.

The Left hate him so much that a lot of employees at Penguin Random House Canada started crying at a company meeting because of the decision to publish one of his books. All because he refuses to use their preferred gender pronouns.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/publi...es-in-response

User

Default Re: Opinions: Jordan Peterson

He is brilliant. Watch some of his interviews on Youtube. You’ll be blown away by his intellect.

User

Yeah, I discovered the Prof a little while back and enjoy watching and listening to his talks, interviews and streams.

I've found that the more I listen, the more I'm forced to question/challenge some of my thoughts and ideas which have been "built" into me and instead form my own views.

He challenges people on their ideas; which makes for very uncomfortable viewing and often results in his opponents firing back at him in personal attacks; rather than trying to debate him using fact.

Very sharp mind and I enjoy his content.

Gotta love him, watched a bunch of his stuff. Recently discover that he suffers from depression, one would have thought that he could have got himself out of that due to his field of study.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Not only he's got brilliant mind, his arguments are statistically and scientifically valid. Proven science versus wishful thinking, rock solid politely but adamantly delivered argumentation versus child like whinger: this is quite often the outcome of these discussions which are set up for making Prof Peterson look like a Nazi, but the end result is always the very opposite.

The truth hurts people living in a dreamworld.

He's great. So great in fact that sometimes leftists want to shut him down instead of debating him because they know they will lose.

Very articulate guy and rarely loses his cool. I don't know why he became the poster boy of the right because he argues along scientific lines not political ones. The above video is just another example of the over-fed offspring of wealthy people demanding something in order to remain relevant. If you want to have fun with these type of people (when they are not shouting) just tell them that student-loan forgiveness is a massive wealth transfer from the poor to the middle class and has nothing to do with justice. Applies to the above American example but also here in South Africa when people want free tertiary education, this only benefits the middle class not the poor who actually have to pay more taxes for a project that they will never benefit from.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I don't know why he became the poster boy of the right because he argues along scientific lines not political ones.
    Typical polarization of those who base their views on their hopes and feelings, not data: if you don't agree with us in the left side of the political spectrum, you must be speaking for the right.

Utterly stupid and inaccurate.

User

Jordan Peterson (and Ben Shapiro) are probably some of the most intellectual people you hear, who can effectively explain on a lot of topics what is actually true vs false.

User

I’m a fan.

He’s a phenomenal speaker and master debater. I admire him not only for his common sense and sound logic, but also his ability to convey his ideas to an audience.

He experienced an interesting health challenge the past year or two. Wish him well for the future. May he melt many a snowflake in the times to come.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast