Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The !@!#^#$ Courier Guy

I sent a package to a customer. Insured. They steal it. Don't tell me it's stolen. A week later, they still can't find it, I ask for insurance payout.

Suddenly, they "find" it's "lost". Submit insurance claim. Ten working days to process.

Six weeks and a letter of demand later, still no insurance payout.

I instruct them to close my account and refund my credit balance. Ten working days to issue credit payment.

Here we go again.

Please, don't trust your business to rubbish, save your time and avoid stress, use a proper courier company like Dawn Wing.

Default Re: The !@!#^#$ Courier Guy

DAMN! I have been them a lot over the last two years. Thanks for the heads-up

I used Aramex Global shopper for several shipments from overseas.

Mostly China Hong Kong area and USA. But also a Windscreen for a Sym Scooter from England. All worked out great.

About month ago ordered small motor from Hong Kong. Get picture when arrived at HK branch.

Then notification in JHB and then Customs. They then ask me to pay customs fees. I do it.

Then for 5 days nothing. Start phoning. Get told they will send email to their customs division to forward parcel to me. As its shows cleared customs.

This goes on for 3 days till I lost it with their service.

Then manager inspects. And they let me know item never arrived from HK. It was shipped but in JHB when they opened container there was empty packet or no packet. So the floor manager informed HK of short shipped. But its also not in HK.

So item lost. They did do refund promptly.

But how the heck did they get custom clearance and get me to pay customs fees when they never even had the item from HK. This to me means stuff gets actually cleared by couriers without even taking it to customs.

Also that some AGS employee stole my item in JHB

AGS had a good reputation. Have heard of incidents though. I wonder if it's just in South Africa and our staff that items are getting "lost".

No company is perfect.

But they are expected at a minimum provide a bit of customer service when things do go wrong.

I didn't make my customer wait for insurance, I refunded straight away.

The Courier Guy has one telephone number and one email address for everyone.

Unless you know the name of the person you want to speak to, you can dial the Joburg number and get your call answered by a random employee in Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein and Pretoria, free of charge.

Then they transfer you, and it's roulette as to who in which city answers again.

Not worth it. Next.

User

I make use of TCG almost daily, the driver in my hood knows myself and my entire household by name. If im not home, he phones me and I can meet up with him later during the day or he swings by again before he concludes his day.

In the 14+ months Ive had one boo-boo with them, however this was a parcel for collection which was not clearly marked and my tell nr was not 100% visible.

Im grateful for their services, as they are cheaper than some, way more convenient and rather efficient if you consider their scale of operations.

In my case, I often ask myself if im better off with the Devil I know.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

But how the heck did they get custom clearance and get me to pay customs fees when they never even had the item from HK. This to me means stuff gets actually cleared by couriers without even taking it to customs.
    Thats pretty standard with all proper couriers.
    Items cleared long before arrival to keep delivery times short
    Customs just randomly chooses a few for inspection or if something in paperwork raises a red flag.

According to their terms and conditions, your insurance claim to them attracts a R1000 excess that you must pay, irrespective of amount claimed.

Why must I pay for something I didn't lose ?

This means that they ship packages with no insurance on their side. if they had insurance, the excess becomes an issue between them and their insurer, and no concern of mine.

If your package is worth less than R1000 - you are forked. If you ship without insurance, you are forked.

They only pay the value of the "insured" package as invoiced, with proof, by your supplier to you.

If you have no supplier invoice, you are forked.

They are not insured themselves, so their insurance is not insurance, it's just a surcharge.

You are expected to risk a R1000 loss every time you use them to deliver an "insured" package.

Trust your business to rubbish at your own risk.

Luckily with AGS they refund the Invoice value as well as all costs for shipping and customs if already paid.

But as a note. On AGS onthe page where you see the addresses. You need to click to activate the insurance option on items.

This is a free insurance. But you still need to click to activate. Which is strange. Unless they want a small loop hole on loosing your first package before you realize to tick

If I have an item being delivered to me via The Courier Guy, I could melt into a puddle.

Super hardwork when dealing with them.

I use Postnet for run of the mill items and Dawn Wing for grown up stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast