Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Advice: sub R10k optics for type 56.

Hi folks,

As the title states...looking for an optic to mount on a Midwest Industries railed gas tube.

I have Astigmatism so the dot is pretty much going to end up looking like a star when not wearing my specs and not able to go holographic funds wise.

Wanting to co witness standard irons if I'm not pushing my luck.

Any experience and advice will be appreciated.

User

Default Re: Advice: sub R10k optics for type 56.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Hi folks,

As the title states...looking for an optic to mount on a Midwest Industries railed gas tube.

I have Astigmatism so the dot is pretty much going to end up looking like a star when not wearing my specs and not able to go holographic funds wise.

Wanting to co witness standard irons if I'm not pushing my luck.

Any experience and advice will be appreciated.
    https://www.futurama.co.za/eotech-xp...-weapon-sight/
    Buy a decent side mount for it, the eye relief is much better. Midwest Industries makes a decent one.

User

I would stick with the railed gas tube and go for an Aimpoint Micro H1 or a Holosun 403 or 503.

I use a Micro on a railed gas tube and it works very well and stil gives co-witness with the AK irons.

Check with Hailstorm on Monday - I am quite sure they have the Aimpoint and Holosun products in stock with Black Friday 10% discount for in shop sales untill 4 December.

A call and and an email to you with an invoice will qualify as an in shop sale.

012 348 2203 or 012 754 0777. Hours 9am to 6pm.

User

I have a Bushnel TRS-25 on my Saiga with Ultimak railed gas tube. Very decent dot for the price

User

@Bredank, tried the side rail, turns out an underfolder is useless with a side rail. Hence the railed gas tube.

Has anyone had experience with a Eotech 552? Wondering if its a true holographic sight as that should cancel out Astigmatism issues with red dots.

I did originally have my eye on the Holosun 503c

User

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...37#post1394537 Great red dot, reliable, works well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    @Bredank, tried the side rail, turns out an underfolder is useless with a side rail. Hence the railed gas tube.

Has anyone had experience with a Eotech 552? Wondering if its a true holographic sight as that should cancel out Astigmatism issues with red dots.

I did originally have my eye on the Holosun 503c
    Ok, wasn't aware it was an underfolder. Either way I personally don't like the longer eye relief of the gas block mounted RDS's and that should be a thought if your eyes aren't the greatest.

User

Maybe a but irrelivant to the topic, but is it even worh putting a reflex or red dot sight on a Type 56?

Are you going to shoot 3 Gun with it? IPSC Rifle? Silhouette?

The reason im asking is because I have an app in for one and would t mind a dot or any proper sight, but I fee that If I could just fit a fiver optic sight It should be good enough to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I had a Vortex strikefire on my type 56 that i removed when i sold the rifle , i will be posting it for sale soon if you are interested.

condition is excellent and still boxed .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Maybe a but irrelivant to the topic, but is it even worh putting a reflex or red dot sight on a Type 56?

Are you going to shoot 3 Gun with it? IPSC Rifle? Silhouette?

The reason im asking is because I have an app in for one and would t mind a dot or any proper sight, but I fee that If I could just fit a fiver optic sight It should be good enough to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It very much depends on use and eyesight. Irons, especially the marginal sights on AKs, do not work anymore for my eyes.

If you are not going to shoot std gun division sport shooting I do not see the purpose of sticking to irons.

And that said if you stick with irons you will very much reap the benefits of getting the KNS Precision Peep Rear Sight.

Red dot is always going to be faster on a modern sporting rifle than irons regardless of eye sight condition.

Then there is also the fact (I speak of personal experience iro a few AKs made by Russia and China in the last few years) that it happens that the manufacturer did not get the front sight alignment right 100%. So you sit with a sligthly canted front sight which is manageable by drifting the front post but nevertheless is very irritating. The KNS rear sight assembly will give more options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast