Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Advice: sub R10k optics for type 56.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    It very much depends on use and eyesight. Irons, especially the marginal sights on AKs, do not work anymore for my eyes.

If you are not going to shoot std gun division sport shooting I do not see the purpose of sticking to irons.

And that said if you stick with irons you will very much reap the benefits of getting the KNS Precision Peep Rear Sight.

Red dot is always going to be faster on a modern sporting rifle than irons regardless of eye sight condition.

Then there is also the fact (I speak of personal experience iro a few AKs made by Russia and China in the last few years) that it happens that the manufacturer did not get the front sight alignment right 100%. So you sit with a sligthly canted front sight which is manageable by drifting the front post but nevertheless is very irritating. The KNS rear sight assembly will give more options.
    Thanks for your feedback, I guess ill have to come see you when the license eventually comes through, and Ill leave my wife at home

User

Default Re: Advice: sub R10k optics for type 56.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Hi folks,

As the title states...looking for an optic to mount on a Midwest Industries railed gas tube.

I have Astigmatism so the dot is pretty much going to end up looking like a star when not wearing my specs and not able to go holographic funds wise.

Wanting to co witness standard irons if I'm not pushing my luck.

Any experience and advice will be appreciated.
    I have astigmatism in my right eye. I run a Vortex Sparc II on an Ultimak rail and it works very well. Co-witnessing irons takes some getting used to (given that the front sight post is slightly canted) but it's no biggie. I prefer the wider FOV that I get with dot mounted further away from my eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2