Default Competency certificate expired 2019

Pls help. My husbands competancy card expired in 2019 he has a rifle and a shotgun the licences expire in Feb 2021. He does occasional hunting. We have completed the docs for the renewal of competancy and renewal of the licences. Can this be done ?? Or will we have to do the competency renewal first? Is there any examples of motivations that we can use Sorry i sound like a dummy.

User

Default Re: Competency certificate expired 2019

A lot will depend on your DFO. Some DFO's accept both applications at once (as they should) and some don't. Whatever the case, you need to act fast. The licences expire in less than 3 months time, and your applications should have been submitted already. Get assistance from someone who knows the ropes, -to save time! It might cost you a bit. There is no standard "pro-forma" for motivations, as each person's circumstances differ. You don't have to submit a motivation with competency renewal. Just application forms, three testimonials, two passport sized photos, pay a small fee at the police station and get your fingerprints taken by them. Licence renewal needs a motivation. as I said, get assistance ... fast! Local gun shops should offer such a service, or know of someone reputable that does.

Where are you based? If in the Lowveld, I can help.

User

I would just echo exactly what Shigawagga siad.

User

The above advice is good, just hope that your DFO is in a good mood that day and takes both app’s together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maritz@1981 View Post
    Pls help. My husbands competancy card expired in 2019 he has a rifle and a shotgun the licences expire in Feb 2021. He does occasional hunting. We have completed the docs for the renewal of competancy and renewal of the licences. Can this be done ?? Or will we have to do the competency renewal first? Is there any examples of motivations that we can use Sorry i sound like a dummy.
    How has the competency expired if the licences are still valid?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    How has the competency expired if the licences are still valid?
    As far as I understand - this is correct. the competency is valid until the license it was for has expired.

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    As far as I understand - this is correct. the competency is valid until the license it was for has expired.
    That's how I understand it. As far as I know there is also a court order making it compulsory for DFO's to accept licence and competency applications at the same time. Someone can correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawagga View Post
    A lot will depend on your DFO. Some DFO's accept both applications at once (as they should) and some don't. Whatever the case, you need to act fast. The licences expire in less than 3 months time, and your applications should have been submitted already. Get assistance from someone who knows the ropes, -to save time! It might cost you a bit. There is no standard "pro-forma" for motivations, as each person's circumstances differ. You don't have to submit a motivation with competency renewal. Just application forms, three testimonials, two passport sized photos, pay a small fee at the police station and get your fingerprints taken by them. Licence renewal needs a motivation. as I said, get assistance ... fast! Local gun shops should offer such a service, or know of someone reputable that does.

Where are you based? If in the Lowveld, I can help.
    Hi there I am in the Free State? I would be so grateful if you could help with examples of motivation as i have a shotgun and a hunting rifle and a hand gun and need motivation for each one. shotgun and rifle is used for occasional hunting of animals/birds for domestic use and help with problematic animals ect... i already have 2 letters for motivation from one a hunting safari owner and the other letter from a farmer where I hunt I do however need to write my own motivation for each weapon, I am not sure what they really require in my own motivation letters
    Thank you kindly

User

PM sent