Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Shot to the head

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    So what is the moral of the story, aim for the heart or aim for the head?
    Mozambique drill...

Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Hahaha yeah if I found myself in a SD scenario I would probably fire more than two though, four or so and then go for the head.

User

Wow would think a 38 would be able to penetrate even the hardest skull. Watched one of those ID programs and a guy was to be assassinated by the mob, was shot several times in the skull with a .22 and they never penetrated.
    Just FYI - most .38 SPL rounds fired from your regular 2" snubbies carry A LOT less energy than a 9mmP bullet fired from a modern handgun. Look at this page with the 2" barrel length velocities: http://www.ballistics101.com/38_special.php

That's slow. Most modern 4" barreled 9mm P handguns can do 1,000FPS or more with a 147gr bullet (like most premium JHP ammo will do). 38 SPL is WAY overrated :P

Some guys suggest that you just go for the head if you are a good enough shot.

If you go for both do you go the traditional route of heart first and then head or does it not matter.
    There's a reason the good old Mozambican drill was developed...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Just FYI - most .38 SPL rounds fired from your regular 2" snubbies carry A LOT less energy than a 9mmP bullet fired from a modern handgun. Look at this page with the 2" barrel length velocities: http://www.ballistics101.com/38_special.php

That's slow. Most modern 4" barreled 9mm P handguns can do 1,000FPS or more with a 147gr bullet (like most premium JHP ammo will do). 38 SPL is WAY overrated :P
    Wow, that is slow....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4