Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I'm in the market

Problem is a Springer can be for example be able to shoot 1 hole groups at 25m. But the way they function. Means most shooters will not get close to that. As you have to really know how to shoot/hold a springer corrrect. If for example you put it on a bench stand. It will shoot allover if not held. As while the spring is moving forward and the pellet still in barrel there is lots of movement on rifle.

PCP's dont have this.

On Youtube you will also see. That a pellet all the weight is forward in nose. So you dont really need even rifling in barrel. As the pellet nose will always go forward due to weight. A normal bullet weight sits in rear so needs spin otherwise it will try to turn around.

The above is why FX went toward Smooth Twist barrels. The little rifling is merely to stabilize pellet as it leaves barrel with all the air around it.

Matt on AirArmsAfrica got a very good video on pellets in flight and rifling.

User

Better quality pellets do give better accuracy as they are more consistent from pellet to pellet in terms of size and weight. That being said if you use the same size pellet e.g. 4.52mm and same weight 8.44gr for example accross different brands, the results will not be the same. Thats why you will see airrifle testers testing a bunch of different pellets to find the one a rifle likes. My Diana 350 likes 13.43gr 4.52mm pellets. 4.53 and 4.51mm yield larger groups. Another of mine only like H&N pellets even if the weight and size is the same between different brands.

User

Lots of adults like the small HW30. They say it shoots fantastic.
    I myself had a HW50 and think that is the perfect size for big and small. It was very accurate and good quality.
    If in the HW97 or TX200 range you can also look at a Walther LGV or LGU.

A strong springer can force kids to always ask dad to shoot with
    Hold sensitivity is a way to teach people to rest guns on their hand or grip them the same way
    An overpowered springer like a Gamo is never cooler than an mild yet accurate springer like an HW50

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Lots of adults like the small HW30. They say it shoots fantastic.
    I myself had a HW50 and think that is the perfect size for big and small. It was very accurate and good quality.
    If in the HW97 or TX200 range you can also look at a Walther LGV or LGU.

A strong springer can force kids to always ask dad to shoot with
    Hold sensitivity is a way to teach people to rest guns on their hand or grip them the same way
    An overpowered springer like a Gamo is never cooler than an mild yet accurate springer like an HW50
    Very good point

User

@Kwik-Solv

A long rant on the HW30

User

For 15k, a used S200 or maybe a S400 with tank, fill station and budget scope can be found, I lucked out and got a Daystate Mk3, topped with a Hawke scope, fill station and 6l tank for less than that.

If not look for a HW97, it will serve you well and does not require a tank, I sold a 5.5 one for 8k a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    Having said that, many pests fell to Marksman pellets in my youth, most of my springers shot very well with them.
    Marksman was the JSB of the day, worked out to 30m out of my Gecado 23 as well as my Telly. Provided many lunches in the veld while I was away from school. When there was less cars to be washed and I had to buy the cheaper Radius pellets, my effective range dropped to 15m, and that was after sorting.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2